-Chapter 59

-Chapter 59: The Quest of a Lifetime!

"Cronus is having a quest?" I ask. I have to pretend I don't know anything about this. I'm already in enough pain as it is and if I talk, I'll just end up in more pain.

Emu turns off the TV. "That Dan Masamune..."

"This is terrible! If we don't stop Cronus, we will suffer a lot of causalities!" Poppy shouts, rushing around a bit near me and Emu. She is like pacing around.

"Don't worry," Kuroto says. "It will be alright."

"Huh?" Poppy asks.

"What do you mean?" I look at my husband in confusion as he moves forward away from the place he lives in. He is staying inside Poppy's game machine, which is where Poppy lives.

"Emu, you just need to use this Gashat," he says, leaning back a bit as he holds up a new Gashat. That is one pretty Gashat! It is yellow and reminds me of a star!

"What does it do?" Emu asks, moving towards Kuroto and around me. I need to listen to this carefully and tell Masamune everything I know about this later.

"You will experience the power of this Gashat when you fight my father," Kuroto tells him. "This is going to help us end this game and it is all thanks to my genius!"

I shake my head, sighing heavily. "Kuroto, stop having a God Complex and come back down to Earth where you belong. I got an idea! How about you give me a little kiss?" I look at him, smiling a bit. I'm forcing everything out right now. I have to keep up my image so my betrayal is perfect.

"We should head out to where the quest is. Let's call up Taiga and invite him down there with us," Emu suggests as Kuroto teleports in front of me.

"Stop being lazy," I say, getting on my tippy toes. I kiss him gently and he kisses me back, hooking his free arm around me.

"Get a room!" Poppy shouts, teasing us.

I pull back and laugh. "Sorry, I'll get one next time. Let's go to where the Quest is as soon as possible so we can stop Masamune from doing the quest. We can't have him killing off any players. This is a very, very dangerous situation."

"Like I said, I'm going to call Taiga."

"Fine, Emu."

~.~

"Dan Masamune!" Emu shouts as we move towards Masamune. "What are you doing? What are you trying to do by making yourself a target?" Everyone is transformed but me.

"To reclaim the lives of those lost, people will want something. They will want the power of Cronus but they will be unable to get that power because they will be unable to beat me," Masamune answers, looking at us. His eyes stop on me for a second and he smirks slightly.

"So, this is just a bluff to increase player numbers..." I look at Kuroto.

"It is your turn now, Taddle Legacy," Masamune says.

"Huh? Taddle Legacy?" I ask. Did he make Hiiro a new Gashat?

Hiiro steps forward and holds up the Gashat. "What is that?" Taiga asks.

"Taddle Legacy is a game where the protagonist has the power of the hero and the villain," Masamune explains. "They set off on a journey to save a princess. Also, the level is one hundred."

"Level one hundred?" Taiga asks.

"So, you've made a Gashat without the permission of the Game Master?" Kuroto sounds pissed but he does have a huge God Complex.