-Chapter 16

-Chapter 16: Dangerous Temptation

"Poppy, I'll be coming to the CR soon so please arrange for the Riders there to get ready to do some simulations. I need more data," Dan says casually as I pick up my coffee. I need all of this coffee because having him know I stole his stuff and him being that mystery rider has officially killed my chances of sleeping well last night.

"Okay, I will get them ready!"

"Kara, please hurry up and drink your hot beverage because I'm going to be using that table," Dan tells me, his voice sounding super stern.

I have a feeling that he doesn't really like me right now. That's okay, I don't really like him either. No matter how hot he is, I see him as a huge jerk who hates my guts and is super rich and very arrogant.

I turn away from the screen, taking a sip of my coffee. "Whatever, douchebag."

"I'll be there shortly." He ends the video chat and I stand up, taking another sip of my delicious French Vanilla coffee. No one is going to keep me here at all. I don't want to stay here once he shows up. Especially after what he did to me.

"Huh? Where are you going?" Poppy asks me, rushing to my side. "You can't just leave before he gets here! You should help me out and get this place organized."

I look at her harshly. "I am pretty sure it is organized in here. Look around."

She looks around. "But I don't want to be alone with Hiiro!"

"What is wrong with being alone with Hiiro?" I ask her, crossing my arms. Sure, he can be insensitive and rude but he's a good guy deep down inside his cold, dark heart.

"He's mean!"

"Poppy, chill." I take another sip of my coffee and move forward, stopping at the door as it opens. Hiiro steps in, walking beside Emu. When did he become buddy-buddy with Emu?

"Kara, what is going on down here? Why does Poppy look like her life is going to be over?" Emu asks me, staring straight at Poppy.

"Kuroto Dan is coming here to do some simulations. He suggested that I should go back to work and do my rounds," I say, lying to him.

"Poppy, did he really say that to her?" Hiiro asks sternly.

Poppy, don't do this. "He didn't say that at all! I don't even know why she wants to leave in the first place," Poppy tells Hiiro, answering his question honestly.

Hiiro looks at me. "Since you want to get away so bad, you have to stay. You are off today and you can deal with it," Hiiro states, moving pass me and going over to the table.

"He's rude! He told me to hurry up with drinking my coffee!"

"Kara, you don't need to have any coffee."

"I didn't sleep well last night and I need my energy. You know how it is when I barely get sleep." He should remember it. It was a nightmare.

"I don't care." Rude.

"Fine, whatever. I'll stay but it will be until he gets here. I really don't want to be in the same room as him," I mutter out and I move close to the way and lean against it, taking another sip of my coffee. A nice, long sip.

"What did you say?" Hiiro asks.

"Nothing." Absolutely nothing.

I pull out my cell phone and unlock the screen. I scroll through my contacts, looking for Miyuki's name. There it is! I press on her name and click the green phone, starting my call.