-Chapter 65

-Chapter 65: Judgement is for the Unfaithful

I pick up the cup of tea, staring at Masamune as he stares at a laptop screen on his desk. I take a sip of it, closing my eyes. He makes some really amazing tea. I am thankful for it.

"Why are you still here?" Masamune asks me, voice full of annoyance.

I open my eyes and remove the cup from my lips. "Because I want to drink some tea. Besides, I'm still feeling like crap. Do you want me to die on the way back to the CR?"

"Fine, stay here as long as you want," he replies, closing the laptop. "Are you hungry at all?"

"I'm fine for now. I ate at the CR this morning," I tell him, putting the cup of tea down. "You can get yourself something to eat." I ate some of the cake that was sitting around since no one else wanted to take it. I deserved it for returning back to where I belong.

"I'm not that hungry either. I'm focused on beating your mother right now. I assume you had no idea that she was going to come here. Did I assume correctly?" Masamune asks and I nod my head. "She seems to have hacked into my systems and took your combat data. You're unable to fight her currently with that Gashat."

"And what do I do to fix that problem?"

"You could always let your Bugster handle your battles for you," he answers. "With her power, you'll be stronger than your mother. Your mother doesn't seem to be connected to her Bugster and you would be able to handle her easily."

"I see. I refuse to let Serene have control right now. I will find another way to beat my mother." I am not going to let my Bugster handle my personal battles for me. I only allowed her to handle Parad because I didn't want to personally end him.

He stands up and turns to the windows. "Serene is a capable Bugster who is great with gaming much like your ex, Perfect Knockout. If you use her powers, your stats will increase at least tenfold. Why don't you want to do that? Are you afraid that she'll take over permanently?"

"She wouldn't do that to me. She's good," I state. "I just don't think she needs to be involved in this because it is my battle to be won, not hers."

He turns to me and looks at me with no expression on his face. "You could always come back to me and let me help you win. If you were to work for me, I would let you have greater powers than what you have now. You're one of my greatest assets."

"You still have Hiiro. Don't forget him, Masamune."

"And here he comes right now. Taddle Legacy, welcome into the office. What can we do for you?" Masamune stares at Hiiro, no longer keeping his eyes on me. Thankfully.

"Why is she here when she betrayed you?" Hiiro asks him, probably giving him a curious look.

"We had a little problem. Kara's mother has shown up and she singlehandedly beat our guest here. It wasn't that impressive of a battle, Taddle Legacy," Masamune answers, explaining the current situation to him. Of course, he's insulting me right now.

I turn to Hiiro, nodding my head. I'm still going to stay in my seat. I can turn it any way I want to. I love spinning in these chairs. They're so much fun!

"Your mother? How was she compatible?" Hiiro is curious about that?

"She had herself infected with the Bugster virus and she has her own Gashat, which is made from stolen data. Her data was compromised in the making of her mother's Gashat," Masamune explains to Hiiro. "We were just deciding on a game plan since we have a common enemy right now."