-Chapter 76

-Chapter 76: The Ultimate Boss Battle Part 1

(Serene's POV)

"Gamedeus is here and he's spreading the virus so you need to get back inside!" I shout at Kara, who is handling some potent patients. "If you don't get inside, you're going to catch what they're having. Even though you're immune, you can still catch his virus and do you know what that will do to you?"

She looks at me, staring into my eyes harshly. "This is my job, Serene. Is it not?" She helps an older lady into the hospital and I follow her, looking around. It is insanely busy today in the hospital. Every spot is pretty much taken up and all the patients look like they're about the die.

"Aren't you worried about what Parad will think if he finds out you're putting your life on the line like this?" I ask Kara, keeping up with her as she places the older patient into a chair.

"What he thinks isn't my concern at this moment, Serene. My only concern right now is the treatment of the patient. If you're going to be here, please help me out and get them to be as comfortable as possible. That is all we can do at the moment."

"You want me to help you? I have little to offer to you, Kara," I tell her, being honest. I could never do a good job as a nurse. Like what does she expect of me? I'm a Bugster, not a Nurse.

"Kara, you shouldn't be here right now!" Nico shouts and I look over at her as she approaches us. "You should be where no one can come in contact with you at. What if this breaks out even more? I know it doesn't pass in the traditional way and you're already infected, but you should still be at home or something."

"Nico, I'm doing what I can for these people before I take care of myself. Sacrificing my own wellbeing is the only way that this is possible," Kara says, getting closer to Nico. She places a hand on Nico's shoulder. "It will be fine soon, okay? Do not worry about me."

"Kara..."

Kara is so different when she's being a Nurse. Her personality is softer and much kinder. I wonder if it has to do with her true personality under all the fake personality that Foundation X told her to have. And I do wonder how her relationship is with them at the moment. Probably not good.

"Nico, please keep assisting them with me. Taiga, you too," Kara orders. "Hiiro, please keep assisting too! Asuna, good job!"

"Kara, please take a break and get some rest," Hiiro tells Kara, moving closer to us. "Taiga, please handle her if she doesn't take a break anytime soon. Serene, please go and check on the Intern and his Bugster since they may be in need of assistance. I would keep you here but you lack any medical knowledge."

"It isn't that I lack the knowledge, Hiiro," I state, staring at him harshly. "It is the fact that I lack any hands on experience in nursing. All I know is what I have seen from Kara doing her job. That is all from her memories that I can access." Thankfully, I don't have to access any with her and Masamune. I think I would stop existing if I did that.

"Taiga, over here!" Miyuki shouts and I look behind everyone to stare at her. She is helping some child right now and their older brother I assume. Yeah, I probably shouldn't be here right now.

"I'm going to do what you said, Hiiro. I'm going to take a hike and check on the two idiots that are probably trying to dominate the game right now." Gamedeus isn't some easy opponent. Since Kuroto made Gamedeus the ultimate boss, he can't be that easy and simple to beat. It doesn't matter how good Emu and Parad are at gaming, Gamedeus has the ultimate power and Masamune has the power to beat it.

"Be careful, Serene. If you die, we can't bring you back," Hiiro tells me.

"Oh, like you care," I mutter out, turning away.