-Chapter 74

-Chapter 74: Warm Eyes

"You want to go on a date with me? What has gotten into you, Mrs. Dan?" Masamune asks me, staring me in the eyes as he stands up from his desk. "I don't think I can just leave."

"I just want to hang out with you for the entire day. Is that so wrong, father?" I smirk slightly and he looks away, looking like he wants to die. "Is something wrong, daddy?"

"You will do anything to get me out of here today, right?"

I nod. "Right."

"Fine, I'll leave with you. Also, I see you prepared your look beforehand. Why are you in a fluffy pink dress? Feeling like a Princess today, Kara?"

I shrug. "Maybe I am feeling like a Princess, Masamune. Is that a problem for you? Am I not allowed to channel my inner Princess around you? I used to watch Disney movies when I was younger so I always wanted to be one of their Princesses."

He moves around his desk and gets closer to me, staring me down. "I should have known you were the type to want to be a Princess. You really are desperate for a Knight in shining armor," he states, smirking slightly. "So, what do you have planned for today? I am sure you planned ahead."

I reach out and grab his right hand, holding onto it a bit tightly. "You could have been that but you screwed everything up by tossing me aside because I was no longer on your side. Did you think I would be at your side for forever, Masamune?"

"You have a lot of animosity towards me, Kara."

"Of course I do, Masamune," I say, laughing a bit. I am going to keep holding onto his hand. It is so warm. "Why wouldn't I? You threatened to kill the man I love. Not just that, you are willing to off your own son for your schemes."

"But here you are still wanting me."

"I never said that."

"But I can see it in your eyes," he states.

I look away, biting the inside of my cheek. "My eyes are lying to you," I reply, sighing a bit. He's making nothing into something in his mind.

"Your eyes never really lie, Kara," he tells me, saying the obvious. "For someone who likes to deny having romantic thoughts about me, you really like to be around me. I didn't force you to join me at all, Kara. I gave you the choice to defend your lover."

"That isn't fair," I snap, looking back at him.

"You're still holding onto my hand."

"I'm holding it because it is warm and my hand was cold. It means nothing."

He gets closer to me and places his free hand on my hand that is on his. He pulls off my hand and lifts that hand to the back of my head, placing it on the back of my head. He is staring at me so intensely right now. Did he ever do this with his wife?

"Thinking about Sakurako?" he asks me, still staring at me.

"No."

"I know you're thinking about her. Are you seriously that jealous of her? Do you want to marry me? We can get married at any moment since Kuroto isn't legally your husband. To the entire world, he's dead," Masamune tells me, rubbing my deceased marriage in my face.

"Do as you please, Masamune," I state, glaring at him.

"You're pretty damn shameless," he replies, chuckling. "You would allow me to register a marriage, right? You wouldn't stop me, correct?"

"I have no reason to interfere in your affairs, Masamune. However, I doubt Parad would want you to marry me," I inform him.

"He can suffer for all my care."