-Chapter 24

-Chapter 24: On New Terms

I look into the office of Kuroto Dan, scanning the room for him. I don't see him in there. Maybe he went out for lunch or something.

"Needing something, Kara?"

I turn, bumping into the person behind me. "Oh, hey!" I look up at Dan's face. "I came here to talk with you about something. Is it alright if I come in and chat with you in private?"

He nods his head, smiling a bit. "Did you need to talk to me about being a better Kamen Rider or is it something more important than that? I know it is something important since you came all the way here during your lunch break."

"How did you know I'm on my lunch break?"

"Hiiro texted me about you going on break and that I should be expecting you for a chat about something. I assume he thinks we're together."

"Oh, I'll have to set him straight on that then. We can't have him starting rumors that the CR will hear," I tell him. "Anyways, let us go into the office and close the door."

"It must be something really important if you want the door closed."

"And lock it."

"I will do that. Walk in."

I nod and turn, stepping into the room. He follows me and closes the door, pulling out a key with his free hand. He has a cup in his other hand. He probably went to some fast food joint for something quick.

"There!" He turns and faces me. "The door is locked like you want it to be. What do you wish to say to me, Kara? What brings you here?"

"I wanted to talk to you about our issues."

"Issues? What issues do we have?" Dan asks, moving over to his desk. He places the cup down and sits down on his chair. He grabs some sort of tablet and opens it, obviously turning it on.

"Our relationship."

"What about our relationship?"

"I'm allowed to date you if I want to."

"Do you want to date me?"

"I want to but only if you want to keep doing what we're doing. In other terms, Kuroto, we're going to keep it professional when around other people. We have to see each other in secret in order to maintain that we're just in a professional relationship."

"That is what you want?"

"That is exactly what I want from you if we were to date. I wouldn't have Hiiro know about it or anyone else. Not even my best friend."

"Your best friend? Don't you mean my daughter?"

"How do you even know that?" When did he discover he had a daughter?

"I designed her so I know what she looks like. I was unsure about it at first but then I found out her name. I also checked my copy of the game and it wasn't the version that she was real in. She isn't a Bugster but a modified character that I was going to use to replace Poppi or to send to help Poppi out."

"So, you know that much then? Aren't you going to ask how I got the game with her in it?"

"I must have accidentally put her in the English version of the game and you got lucky to get the copy with her in it. She can modify her appearance to fit with the times. So, I see she decided to fit in with the nurses here in Japan. I also arranged for her to take my last name so she can live with me."

"As your actual daughter?"

"Yes."

"I see." I lick my lips and take a seat in front of him. "Also, Kuroto, no one can find out about your secret and us dating at all. If you are revealed soon and then our relationship is exposed, people are going to think I know about it and I'll get into some serious trouble unless I can convince everyone that I didn't know about it."