-Chapter 55

-Chapter 55: I Think I Might Drown

"What took you so long to get to work?" Hiiro asks me, looking at me questioningly.

Well, that would be simple. I was enjoying some more sexual acts with Masamune, my husband's father, because for some reason it seemed to be the greatest thing to do in the world. He is really good at doing what he does. I wonder if his wife experienced such mind blowing sex. And why do I even care about that?

"I got drunk and ended up bothering Masamune. He actually had to keep me stuck with him in order to ensure I don't do anything to ruin the game. I can't believe I did that. I could have gotten hurt," I answer. "Hiiro, I'm so sorry. I would have taken him out if I wasn't so drunk."

"You were with Cronus? Why would you even go and bother him, Kara?"

"I just told you why I did. I was extremely drunk and thought I could take him on then I guess. He just told me to watch it because he can decide when to discontinue me since I'm one of his many products."

"You need to be careful since he is a very dangerous man with those powers. He is deciding our fates himself," Hiiro states. Yeah, I can tell that he is.

"Is Kuroto still with Poppy?"

"He is hiding out inside her room. He is busy working currently on something," Hiiro answers.

"Oh, I see." I nod my head. "I'll just go now."

"Kara, are you upset about that?"

"I just want to spend time with my husband. Is that so wrong?"

"No, that isn't wrong. Are you sure you want to be with him now that he is a Bugster? I know you have no issue with being with someone who is a Bugster because you were with Parad but what about him? He is a different situation for you."

"Yes, I want to be with him. I love Kuroto with all my heart. And I love Parad just as much but what Parad did isn't something I can just let go. Kuroto...he deserves another chance and I'm going to give him that chance. I want to be happy with him."

"Why do you want to be with him?"

"Why do you want to bring Saki back from the dead? She'll just be a Bugster, okay? Do you think she wants that? You are only reflecting things at me because you don't want to admit that you're only thinking of what you want. You can't have us both Hiiro! That is just life!"

"Kara..."

"Just go away!"

"Why are you being like this?"

"It is true, right? You want to bring Saki back don't you?"

"I..."

"Just go away and do that then! I don't want you sitting here telling me what to do! You are just being a hypocrite right now, okay?"

"Kara, I'm not trying to come off that way."

"Shut up!"

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"You stay here and work. We got a Bugster to stop, Kara. Calm down," Hiiro orders and he moves away from me.

Of course he's going to keep me here. I feel sick. Everything is just going out of control right now.

~.~

"What do you mean Hiiro went off with Cronus? What did I freaking miss while I was working?" I ask, practically screaming.

"He protected him when we got a shot at Cronus. What can he be doing this for?" Wait...Cronus might have Saki. Maybe that is what he is after. I knew it!