-Chapter 44

-Chapter 44: Moving Forward (Kara's POV)

I push myself off the ground and look up, staring at Hiiro. "What is going on?" I ask, looking around. "Hiiro, why can't I remember what is going on? Where's Kuroto?"

"Kara, you have the Bugster Virus. Don't worry, I reprogrammed you so you could share your body with her. Serene can't control you whenever she wants to anymore. She's forever going to be a part of you and you are going to be a part of her. Don't worry, she can't harm you." Emu smiles. "You can smile again now.

"Emu..."

"Are you alright?" Miyuki asks me, getting beside me. "I was worried about you when I saw that you were acting out. Kuroto...daddy..." She sniffles. "He's gone."

"I'll be fine. So, my Bugster, what was she like?"

"She's terribly insane and just plain cruel. She was trying to take over the world much like your buddy, Parad," Taiga states. "Oh, she referred to him as your ex-boyfriend."

"Parad is my ex-boyfriend. I'm done with him." He didn't have to put Kuroto out like that. He could have just sent him to prison.

"So, Miyuki is Arcana Arcade officially now, huh?" Taiga chuckles. "She's part of the gang here at the CR now. She an official member thanks to the Minister of Health. Also, we didn't out you as a Foundation X member to him. We kept that out of it because Emu doesn't want you to be in prison. Besides, you haven't done anything wrong."

"I plan on helping you out here in the CR, Kara. We should become a good team now, right?" Miyuki smiles warmly at me and I nod. "Serene might not want to help us. She doesn't seem like she's all for helping anyone but herself."

"Is she really that bad? What does she look like?"

"She used your body so she looked like you. I guess she isn't a separate being yet," Hiiro answers. "Or she can hold onto your body. She did make it seem like she was using your body intentionally. That makes me think she could have separated from you if she wanted to. But why would she want to keep using you?"

"She had someone that has access to patients," Emu says. "That is the clear reason. She wanted to hurt people that were weak and defenseless but she didn't get to. Miyuki was able to stop her from her plan."

"Well, I hope she doesn't come back anytime soon. I should have a choice if she takes over or not now, right?"

"I hope that is what I did. If I didn't, I'm sorry," Emu says, bowing his head a bit. "I am really sorry, Kara. I didn't mean to let your husband die. I didn't know Parad would show up and end his life like that. If I would have known that, I wouldn't have took his immortality away. I would have just taken his power to transform away."

"We all can't predict things like that. Just like Kiriya," I reply.

"Yeah, none of us knew he would kill Kiriya. Kuroto didn't have to do that. He could have kidnapped him and kept him far, far away from us."

"He wanted him dead. He wanted to stop him from finding out his secret. He also wanted to prevent us from finding out about Masamune."

"Masamune should be getting out in the future. The Investigator said he would be working on freeing him thanks to the truth coming out. Too bad none of the victims' families will get actual justice. Bugsters are still roaming around," Hiiro states. He's saying that because there is no justice for Saki.

I nod. "I hope he enjoys his freedom when he gets out." Even though he's a jerk, he deserves it.

Nico sighs heavily. "Parad is still out there to hurt people. We all know he is up to no good."