-Chapter 34

-Chapter 34: Playing Them

I wrap the red jacket around me as I lean forward in my seat. I found the same kind of jacket that Kiriya would wear at some store and bought it. Then I ordered a bunch of shirts that are similar to his. Now if I could find out what he smells like, I would be happy.

"Do you miss him that much?"

I look up. "It isn't the same without him," I answer, getting up. "Is there something I need to attend to, Hiiro?"

"You should have the day off," Hiiro answers. "I see that you're still grieving. I should give you time to mourn your loss. I'll ask my father to let you miss the rest of the entire week."

"I will be fine."

"If you pass out suddenly you won't be fine. I know you're barely eating. You need to let someone help you so you can help yourself."

"Are you being kind to me right now?"

"I'm doing what is best for my co-worker," Hiiro answers. "Go and punch out."

"Hiiro, why should I even do that?"

"Just do it."

I nod my head. "Fine, I'll go."

"Kara."

"Yes?"

"Did you love him?"

I laugh. "Why would you think that? We weren't together at all," I answer.

"Just how you're being. You're acting like you lost the love of your life," Hiiro tells me. Is that how I'm acting right now? Is that why I feel so upset? "Or maybe he was just your soulmate. Not the romantic kind of soulmate. I believe some friends can be soulmates."

"What is up with you? Why are you acting so out of character today?"

"Maybe it is because I'm being sentimental right now." He looks away. "Well, go and have the day off."

"Okay."

"What's going on here?"

I look over at Miyuki as she steps over to us with Taiga at her side. "I see you brought your boyfriend with you."

"We're not together," Taiga states. "She just followed me here."

"Uh-huh, sure!" I roll my eyes. "I'm going to clock out now."

As I clock out, Miyuki slips behind the Nurse's desk. "Why are you getting the day off?" Miyuki looks at me innocently.

"Well, I'm going to be needing a few days off to deal with somethings."

"She is mourning the loss of that coroner still isn't she?" Taiga asks.

"She is," Hiiro answers.

"That coroner? How can you be so cold, Taiga?" I glare at him.

"Did I do something wrong?" He looks at Miyuki. "I don't get your friend. What else should I call him? We all know his name so why should we refer to him by it? Also, most people think he is still alive. I'm trying to keep that image up."

"I don't have time for this. I'm going to go now."

"Have fun."

~.~

I stare at Parad as he kicks the ground gently, probably bored out of his mind. "Why are you kicking the poor ground?" I ask.

He looks up, smiling. "Am I not allowed to kick the ground?" He teleports over to my side and wraps his arms around me, placing his head on mine. "I love you so much, Kara. You wouldn't hide anything from me, right?"