-Chapter 57

-Chapter 57: My Friend is Alive

"Kiriya Kujo is alive?" I ask, my voice going high. I don't even care if I sound weird right now. Kiriya Kujo can't be alive at all.

"That is what it seems like," Emu answers. "Someone like him interrupted the fight with Cronus the other day. It seems that Masamune revived him with the Proto Gashats. I can't prove this though."

"How can you not prove it? Isn't seeing him enough?"

"I didn't see his face," Emu answers, explaining it. "Actually, I didn't see any of him."

I grab my necklace, holding onto it tightly. If Kiriya is back, that means I get my best friend back. I need to go and see him right now. I have missed him so much!

"I believe that it is for sure Lazer," Kuroto states. "Masamune could have revived him with the Gashats and made him another since you have his game, Emu. It isn't out of the question. My father started the company and is capable of making games himself. He's just not as smart as I am."

"Kuroto, ego," I say.

"Sorry, wife," he replies.

Masamune couldn't have revived Kiriya, right? He knows I was close with the coroner and that would just be odd to revive him. And why would Kiriya be on his side? Kiriya was really good but shady.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Bugster..."

"Let's go, Poppy! Be Asuna though. Kara, back me up."

"Alright, Emu."

"What about me?" Kuroto asks.

"You can join," I answer. "Emu, let him join us. He'll behave, I promise."

Emu nods his head. "Alright."

~.~

The transformation drops, revealing a familiar face to me. Kiriya Kujo, the medical examiner, has been revived. But...but why is he fighting against us? Why is he fighting for Masamune?

I pull out my Gashat, exiting my transformation. "Kiriya!" I shout, rushing over to him.

Kiriya's eyes move over to me and he holds out his hand, stopping me from being closer to him. "You shouldn't be that close to me," he tells me. "But if you want to, I won't stop you. It'll just put you in danger. Also, if they guy on the ground wants to fight...let him fight. People can be revived, Asuna. I'm proof of that."

"Kiriya..." I mutter out.

"What is with that look, Kara? Disappointed much? Well, you shouldn't be since you were should know there was hope for me to come back. When was the last time that I saw you? Christmas?" He chuckles, not removing his eyes from me. His eyes drift down to the necklace around my neck. "Still wearing my gift? How sweet."

"Kiriya, why are you fighting for Masamune?" I ask. "This isn't like you."

"The patient is fleeing!" Asuna shouts and I hear footsteps. Yep, that person is running away.

I turn and someone pulls me back, knocking me onto the ground. Did Kiriya just pull me back? He is moving towards Emu and I think he just blocked him from stopping the patient from running away.

"Masamune is in charge of the lives in this game and you will have to deal with that. I am working for him as someone who enforces the rules of the game. You all are violating the rules right at this moment and recommend that you stop violating them." Kiriya turns to me, staring into my eyes. "I have a little secret for you." He moves closer and gets closer to the ground, bending his knees. "Saki."