-Chapter 18

-Chapter 18: Dealing with the Blues

Parad stares at me softly, his eyes gently sparkling from the sun. "Wow, I totally forgot about that happening! Graphite had told me about him coming from some girl but I didn't know that the girl was with Hiiro. How about that! This world is so small."

"It is horrible that Kuroto Dan had to tell me something that Hiiro should have. Isn't it sad I didn't know that about my ex-boyfriend?" I lean back against the wall, staring off at the beautiful blue sky. "I passed out after hearing about it. It wasn't even something intention to do. I was just overwhelmed by everything I had to take in. Saki..." I bet she was absolutely stunning.

"Hiiro should have told you about her. I mean, that is his job and not Kuroto's." Parad moves next to me and puts his foot against the wall while leaning against it. "So, did it hurt you that bad?"

"Well, yeah. I still love Hiiro as much as I did when I was asked to marry him. Love just doesn't go away you know."

"Well, I wouldn't know that for sure since I haven't been in love before. I'm a Bugster and my job is to infect the rest of this world. That is what I should be focusing on but I'm not. I am trying to blend in and seem normal like you."

"You can take your focus off of me for a bit if you want. I know you're trying to get with all of this," I tell him. He chuckles. "What?"

"I'm trying to get with you because you're the only one who seems to not mind Bugsters and being with them regardless of how much they will want you dead. I don't want you dead though. Well...a part of me does but I'm too fascinated by you to kill you."

"You can kill me if you want to. I won't mind dying if it is because of you."

"Nah, I'm not that cruel. Besides, I can deal with being around humans unlike Graphite. He doesn't like Hiiro all too much. He was whining to me about how Hiiro kicked his butt the other day."

"Did Hiiro really kick his butt or did Emu do it?"

"Probably Emu but Graphite doesn't really like either one of them. He hates Emu the most because Emu is really strong. Probably because he is the genius gamer M."

"Hiiro isn't good with games. Hiiro never really cared when I would play them and try to get him to join. He just went on with his normal surgeon duties."

Parad looks at me, smiling. "Kara, how could he not want to play a game with you? You're absolutely adorable. I don't know why I find you adorable but I do." I don't even know how I find him so amazing and attractive. Probably because he is so mysterious and dangerous. I love danger for some reason.

"I love watching you play games, Parad. You're a lot better at them anyways so it is so much fun. I usually get crushed in games because I'm not the brightest with strategy," I tell him. "It is so weird that I ended up with the Gashat for that kind of thing."

"Maybe it'll make you better with that kind of thing. Everyone can improve in something they're not good at. They may still suck at it but they can improve."

"True."

He moves closer to me, our shoulders touching now. "So, what do you think of me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Compared to Hiiro."

"I think you're a lot more open than him."

"Anything else?"

"You're helping me with getting over him. When I am with you, I feel a lot better about everything. Especially after I have to deal with Kuroto."

"Do you hate him that much?"