-Chapter 30

-Chapter 30: The Truth

"What did he have you sign?" Kiriya asks me, staring me in the eyes.

"I don't know what I signed. I didn't bother reading it since he didn't want me to. It isn't important anyways. I'm sure of it," I answer, moving closer to him and grabbing onto his arm. "Kiriya, are you worried about what he wants to do to me?"

"I just don't trust the guy. I don't see how you are able to do whatever he wants."

"Because that is just what I do. Also, I don't think he would do anything to harm me." If he wanted to hurt me, he would have done it by now.

"I think you're wrong about that."

"How are you going to face him? Are you sure you're strong enough to beat him?"

"He's not a match for my level three. I'll be fine."

"Kiriya."

"Kara, stop worry about me. You're creeping me out with how you're acting right now," he says, replying to me in a soft tone of voice. He then laughs. "You're really naïve aren't you?"

"Huh?"

"For trusting Kuroto no matter what," he tells me. He looks at me and smiles. "I wish you would trust me more than you trust him."

I look away. "I don't get what you mean."

"I want you to be able to trust me more than him. I don't like how he has you wrapped around his finger," he tells me, explaining what he meant. I know what he meant but I refuse to admit that I know what he meant. Why would I want to trust him more than someone I'm bedding?

"Kiriya..."

"What are you exactly, Kara?"

"What do you mean?" I look at him in confusion.

"You don't think I know about you, right? I know a lot about you. More than you think I do."

"You shouldn't be looking into my past. There isn't anything there for you to find out," I state, glaring at him. What did he even find? I don't have much to hide from him anyways.

"Do you really want me to say it here? What if someone overhears what I have to say?" He looks at me with an amused expression on his face.

"Kiriya Kujo!" I exclaim.

He smiles. "Don't worry, my lips are sealed," he replies, smirking a bit.

"Kuroto..." He can't tell him what he learned at all. I don't need everyone knowing everything about me. "It is in my past, Kiriya. Let's keep it there!"

"I already said what I'm going to do about it. I'm going to keep my lips sealed. Why are you so worried about that coming out anyways? It would ruin everything for you wouldn't it? Actually, it might."

"You know it would." He just acknowledge that it would.

"Are you willing to have everything fall apart?"

"Kiriya, keep it to yourself. Please," I beg.

"Let's get going."

Is he seriously just going to ignore this? "Let's talk about it later, Kiriya."

"Yeah, yeah! Just come with me!"

Idiot.

~.~

Kiriya tackles Emu to the ground, snapping him out of his trance a bit. "You shouldn't let your trust waiver like that, Emu." What is going on right now?