-Chapter 14

-Chapter 14: Something is Blooming

"Here, have some hot chocolate," Emu says, placing a cup of hot chocolate in front of me. "You look like you're upset about something and I figured this would cheer you up." What a nice boy.

"Thank you," I reply, placing my hand on the handle and pulling the cup towards me. "I enjoy hot chocolate a lot. I am glad you prepared me some to drink." I don't know if I can repay him for this kindness right now or not.

"So, what are you thinking about?" he asks me. He sits down and smiles. "You can tell me almost anything. I don't know if I'll be able to help or not, but I can try."

"Uh...I don't really know," I answer, sounding unsure. I guess I can trust him to help me out a little bit. "I'm just confused about something right now."

"What are you confused about?"

"You know what, don't worry about it." I smile, picking up the cup by the handle.

I take a sip of the nice, warm liquid. Whoever made this hot chocolate should be praised. I know Emu made it, but I want to thank the company who actually made it.

"Alright, I won't worry about it." Emu looks around, looking for something with his soft eyes. "Where is everyone else at? I haven't seen them yet."

I swallow and look him in the eyes. "Well, I don't know where they are actually. We don't have any Bugsters roaming around so I guess they aren't here. Last time I saw Poppy she went to go do something. She's probably in her game having some fun because Hiiro sucks the life out of this place when he shows up."

"I know what you mean. I feel bad for Poppy. She just wants to do her thing."

Poppy does want to do her own thing and I don't blame her. It isn't fun doing things other people want to all the time. But we all have to listen to orders sometime and make those orders go through. Not like I would know much about orders though. I only know about them when it comes to Hiiro right now.

"Hey, where is everyone else at right now? I thought everyone would be here right now." Dan?

"What are you doing here, Kuroto?" Emu asks him, quite curious about why the rich man is bothering us.

"I came to drop off some paperwork for your friend's father to fill out. Actually, your co-worker's father. I just remembered that Hiiro has no friends," Dan answers. I look up at him, wiping my mouth off. "I see you're having some hot chocolate. Is it good?"

"You can have Emu get you some in order to find out."

Emu stands up. "Okay, I will do that. Be right back!" Emu rushes away, leaving the CR.

"So, what did you do the other day? You weren't in the CR when the others returned. Poppy gave me an update about this rider who is using the prototype of Emu's Gashat." Dan sits down where Emu just was and stares me straight in the eyes.

"I was busy with something else."

"Like what?"

"Being with a friend of mine. You do know I have friends other than Miyuki, right?" I look at him harshly, placing the cup down. "Why are you asking me this anyways? Are you trying to find out something about me in order to write a book about me?"

"Don't flatter yourself. I was just wondering since Poppy had no idea where you went off to. I thought you might have gotten into some trouble." That thing attacked me.

"I'm not trying to flatter myself, jerk..." I sigh out, rolling my eyes. "Dan, you're annoying."

"Kuroto," he tells me, reminding me of what he name is.