-Chapter 37

-Chapter 37: Burgermon

"Are you kidding me?" I look at the Hamburger Humanoid looking creature in front of me. "A Hamburger who is a Bugster?"

"He is what he appears to be, Kara," Hiiro answers, looking away from the Hamburger. "We cannot touch it because it stresses out our patient who happens to work for Genm Corp."

"I see. But why a Hamburger?"

"Because of the game he is from. He infected his host because the host made the game and was going to let us use it to help get rid of the Bugster Virus. Genm Corp also has a new CEO. Are you aware of that, Kara?"

I shake my head. "No, I'm not aware of anything that currently goes on inside of Genm Corp. I haven't heard from Kuroto lately so I wouldn't know anything. I haven't been paying attention to what Genm Corp is up to." I've been researching Kiriya Kujo and his final journey. Also, why was Dan hiding his father from me?

"I see. Also, we have found that Bugster we saw a while back during a battle you missed. He is using a game that is two in one."

"Bugster? What does this Bugster look like? I'm curious."

"Curly hair and a mischievous smile. He reminds me of Emu." Parad.

"I see. I should getting going then. I have business to attend to. I'll see you later."

"Kara, why do you always go? Do you know that Bugster?"

"How would I know that Bugster if I haven't met him before, Hiiro? How would that even be possible?" I ask, looking him in the eyes. "How could I even keep something like that from you? Wouldn't that be risking myself? Are you thinking I'm like Kuroto just because I'm married to him?"

"It isn't like that."

"But it is isn't it? It is impossible for me to hide someone from you guys since I work a lot. I don't have a lot of time to myself." I give him a harsh look.

"Then where were you the other day? You called off, correct?"

"I was visiting someone I know. Do you need to call them to find out?" I ask him. "Do you have to know everything I do with my life? Don't I get time to have some privacy and peace?" 

"No, I don't have to do that. Carry on."

"Alright, I will."

~.~

"Hiiro confronted you? That's hilarious," Dan says, chuckling. "And it is about Parad!"

"I didn't answer his question. I just turned on him and made him drop the subject," I reply. "Parad, I'm sorry for keeping you a secret."

"It is fine. Don't worry about it. It is a game." Parad sits up and he motions for me. I step towards him and he gets up, hooking his arms around me. "I want him to learn about us when the time is right. Don't interfere when I play with the others, okay? I don't want you to piss me off."

"I won't piss you off unless I want some punishment."

Parad laughs and leans in, placing his lips against mine gently. "I would love to punish you sometime. How about we play sometime, Kara?"

"I won't be as strong as you, Parad. You're going to kick my butt."

"Oh, that is true. Kuroto, you should make her a new version of AOE. I want to play fairly with her. Don't worry, I won't let you have a game over."

"You better not let me have a game over!"

"Where did you go the other day, Kara?"

"Huh?"