-Chapter 49

-Chapter 49: The Truth about Parad

"Snap out of it, Intern!" Hiiro shouts, rushing towards Emu/Parad.

He gets shoved back and Emu/Parad shoves his hand into his coat pocket. He pulls out the Knockout Fighter and Perfect Puzzle Dual Gear Gashat. He turns it, selecting Knockout Fighter.

"Why is he using Para-DX's Gashat?" Taiga asks in confusion. I think I know what is going on but I can't mention it. I'm so sorry!

"Transform," Emu/Parad says, transforming into his Knockout Fighter form.

I pull out my Gashat and transform, rushing towards him with the others, Hiiro and Taiga. He punches Hiiro and Taiga back and he grabs me, shoving me backwards. That was probably the gentlest thing someone has done to me in battle recently.

"Duck, Kara," Emu/Parad says and I duck down onto the ground as his hand glows with fire. He punches the air, sending a fireball at Hiiro and Taiga. It hits them and they fall over to the ground. "I guess I'll stop being a doctor now."

He turns away and jumps up, disappearing. I push myself off the ground and look behind me at the others. They seem like they're in shock right now. I'm glad I'm transformed still because if I wasn't, I probably wouldn't be shocked looking.

"We need to get back to the CR to talk," Miyuki says, ordering us around. "Kara, are you alright?"

I nod my head. "Yeah, I'm alright. Thank you for asking."

She's right. We need to get back to the CR. Now.

~.~

"Omigod! It is a pipupepopanic!" Poppy screams, slamming her hands onto the table.

"Why did M transform into Para-DX?" Nico shouts, smacking her hands against the table too. She also knocked Poppy over a bit.

Poppy recovers and shoves her over. "There is no way that Emu would quit being a doctor," she says.

Nico moves besides her as they both lean forward, staring at me, Hiiro, and Taiga. "There has to be an explanation for all of this!" They both shout at us.

"There is one explanation," Taiga says, looking down.

I nod my head a bit. "Yeah, there is one explanation for this," I say, agreeing with Taiga.

"Parad is obsessed with the Intern," Hiiro states. "And no matter how many times we tried operating on him, there was no Bugster that appeared before us. If that is the case..."

"Parad is the Bugster born from Emu, right?" Poppy asks and I turn away, closing my eyes. "Kara..."

"You knew about this didn't you?" Taiga asks me. "How can you withhold that kind of information from us? You knew that he could do something."

I turn back and face them. "How could I have known he would take over Emu's body like that, huh? I knew about where he came from but I didn't know too much about it like this. I didn't know Bugsters could just take over randomly and be all like 'Hey, I'm inside your body', Taiga!" I exclaim. "I love Parad but I'm not going to defend him this time. He is going too far."

"I still don't get it," Nico says.

"Wait, remember what Kuroto said?" Poppy asks. "He planted the Bugster virus on Emu. Sixteen years ago, he did that, remember? So, after ten years it grew into Parad."

"So, the guy who beat me at that tournament six years ago wasn't Emu?" Nico asks, sounding upset. She should be upset. She blamed Emu and treated him horribly.