-Chapter 12

-Chapter 12: The Past isn't just the Past

"What are you doing up here?" Parad asks me, staring me straight in the eyes. "Oh, that sounds absolutely rude like how Hiiro talks. What I mean to say is that I thought you were working and that you wouldn't be up here."

He didn't expect me to come up here? He should have expected it. Why wouldn't I come up here and see him?

I laugh and move next to him. "I was wanting to see you before I go and find the Bugster you guys made. Well, Graphite made. He just keeps on infecting people doesn't he?"

"That is what he is supposed to do. We're going to make this world like my home world. Isn't it a great idea? You'll get to live in it and be free. I won't kill you and I'll make sure no one else tries killing you. There is a reason why you need to live and I just don't know it."

Does he mean game when he brings up his home? I guess that would make sense. But is that his true goal? Does he even have a true goal?

"Once you figure out, you can tell me what makes me so special to keep from getting infected." I look at the buildings across from us and smile. "It is so beautiful up here." I would spin, but that seems like something a fictional character does.

"It is lovely to look at everything from up here. I can basically see the world," Parad tells me, probably grinning. "I enjoy looking over the world and seeing it change slowly for me."

"It isn't changing right now."

"Oh, it is. Every day this world is changing."

"That is true." I turn and look at him, our eyes connecting.

He smiles widely and I smile back. "So, Kara, has Kuroto Dan realized that you stole from him yet?" He asks, pulling out his game console.

"No, he hasn't realized it yet. He is busy pretending to be my ex-boyfriend due to some things I have done. Isn't it funny that he is doing that when he should be investigating with me and the rest of the CR? It is obvious someone close to him took something from him."

I shouldn't be too surprised that he's too stupid to figure it out. He probably thinks I'm mind numbingly stupid or something, which is what he should think. He should really think that I'm stupid so I can get away with it. Also, he should think I want to smash Hiiro.

Parad chuckles. "I'm surprised he is willing to go along with something like that just for the sake of saving face," he replies, chuckling still.

"He bought me a lot of cute clothes the other day. I thought I would be able to get some compliments from the people in the CR but that failed completely."

He stops chuckling. "You mean Hiiro, right?"

"It would be nice to know if he thinks I look good or not. I was hoping for a simple compliment from him, but I didn't get that."

"Why? I don't get why you care about what he thinks. You two ended and that is how it should be and how it should stay," Parad asks me, getting a serious expression on his face.

"We're going to stay broken up." It isn't like we're magically going to get back together anytime soon. "It is how it is meant to be."

"Good because you two need to. I don't think you fit each other."

"Then who fits me?" I am curious about what he thinks. What does the Bugster think about my love life?

Parad grins, his face no longer looking serious. "I think you should figure that out on your own," he says, giving me his best Bugster advice. How long has he been around for?