-Chapter 67

-Chapter 67: Tragic Destiny Part 1

"You're running a fever," Emu tells me, pulling his hand back. "I can tell because your forehead is extremely hot. You're probably dealing with a cold or the flu. Are you sure you don't want me to look into it more? I want to diagnosis you properly."

I shake my head. "I'm fine with you just confirming what I already know about it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't imagining things," I reply. "I threw up a few times last night so I figured I was coming down with something. I shouldn't have had dinner."

"Stick to bland foods for now and make sure to take some cold medicine," Emu orders. "You're my patient so you better do what I want you to do!"

I nod my head and touch my stomach as it growls. "It has been hurting like crazy too. Maybe a stomach bug with a cold?"

"Possibly," Emu states. "You should keep an eye on your condition, okay?"

I nod again. "Alright, I will. Thank you, Emu."

"What did you eat last night for dinner? Just wondering."

"I made ramen and a bit later I had some pizza. I made the pizza myself so that might have caused issues with my stomach. I shouldn't be making my own food due to my lack of cooking skills. I can cook on a basic level and that is pretty much it," I answer, laughing a bit. "Emu, I'm sure I'll get better."

"Feeling sick today?" Kiriya asks, stepping into the CR with some files. "You look like hell. What did you do last night? Get drunk?"

I shake my head. "No, I just have some stomach bug or cold. Don't worry about me, Kiriya." I'm aware that I look like hell.

"You should take care of yourself," Kiriya tells me.

Parad was worried about me last night because I got up a few times to puke. He was so confused and thought it meant I was very, very ill. He wanted me to go to the hospital but I didn't want that. Mostly because I work at the CR and I'm around doctors all day.

"I'll try, Kiriya," I reply. "Thank you."

"No problem. I always worry about you because you're my good friend and I care about you," Kiriya says, putting the files down. "I'm looking into stuff so don't touch my files. If you touch it, I will be upset. I don't want to mess these up because I don't want to take a chance one will disappear on me. It took me a while to get my hands on this."

"I'm not going to touch it. I might puke on it if I do," I tell him honestly. "Anyways, let's stop focusing on me and my mystery illness. Well, it isn't a mystery anymore since Doctor Emu Hojo has diagnosed me with what is causing my issues. Thank you, Emu."

Emu laughs. "No problem, Kara. I just want to make you happy so you can keep smiling."

"I smile a lot thanks to everyone here at the CR." I smile at him. "I'm thankful that I get to come here for work every single day."

"So, what did you do last night other than make yourself puke?" Kiriya asks.

"I was busy just eating foods and being myself as usual. I had my locks changed too. I was afraid Masamune would show up randomly. He had my old keys."

"He had yours old keys? How did he manage to get those? No wonder why you were working for him! You must have been freaked out at all times of the day!" Kiriya gasps.

"He did?" Emu looks at me in shock.

I nod my head. "Yeah, he did. I changed them last night so he couldn't sneak in. I am sure that he'll find another way in if he wants but I'm going to make it hard for him to get to me. I'm not letting that man bother me ever again."