-Chapter 42

-Chapter 42: Painful Goodbyes

"You're awake," Hiiro states, not looking me in the eyes. "It is great to see that you're alright despite how I feel about you right now. I don't wish to lose a patient."

"None of us do. Anyways, we need to get to the point. Since Kara is up, we should tell her about what is going on," Taiga states. "Kuroto is at Genm Corp and it seems that he reclaimed it for himself. All the employees ran off and the police are outside waiting to get him."

"The Minister has given us two days to get the situation under control since we did stop their apprehension of Kuroto," Hiiro says. "Kara, we're going to need you for this. We have to us this Gashat that Kiriya Kujo made."

"Kiriya made a Gashat?" Emu asks.

"Kiriya formulated a method to reprogram from a medical standpoint. He did that in order to combat the Bugster Virus."

"Oh, reprogramming!" Poppy exclaims, smiling cutely. "Wait...what is that?"

"In other words, rewriting the DNA of the Bugster Virus," Emu says, explaining it.

"It didn't work," Nico states. "Piece of trash! Taiga tried using it but it didn't work for him. We can't even get it to work at all."

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"We have an emergency," Emu says. "Kara, do you want to go and handle it? You've been silent so far and you just work up. Maybe you need to get your butt in gear."

"How long have I been out?"

"For a while. We suspected the Bugster Virus but you have no signs of it in your system. We did a check," Hiiro states. "You need to take care of yourself."

"I'll stay here and find out more about the Gashat," Hiiro states. "Hand it over, license less doctor." Hiiro looks Taiga in the eyes.

"Don't expect much," Taiga says, holding out the Gashat to Hiiro. Hiiro holds out the level fifty Gashat they share, trading it with Taiga.

"Kara, you didn't give an answer. You're the only one with a working driver besides me and Taiga."

"Don't you have something from Kiriya?"

"Huh?" Emu looks at me. "Oh, I do!"

"I'll go as back up, Emu," I state. "Come on, let's go!"

~.~

"How did you get another Driver?" Kuroto asks curiously.

"Kiriya," Emu answers.

"Oh, right...there is still that one." He obviously didn't think about it. He probably forgot Kiriya even had one at this point.

"It is time for me to fulfill my promise to Kiriya," Emu states, looking at the Gamer Driver. He slams it against his waist. "Time to change!"

I pull my Gamer Driver out and slam it on my waist with a bit too much force. "Ow..." I need to make sure not to do that again. I place my Gashat in and pull the lever, transforming.

Taiga transforms too and I look at Nico. She's going to need help with this. Maybe I can make some sort of area for her to put them at.

I hold out my hand and my gun appears. "Okay, let's try this out!" I fire it and it makes a little shield appear. There we go! I can make a safety zone for them!

"The grunts are immortal!"

What? They are? How?

"They really are immortal!" Nico shouts. "There is just no end to them!"