-Chapter 62

-Chapter 62: Where I'm Meant to Be

"And just where did that Bugster take you?" Masamune asks me, venom in his voice.

"He was just wanting information at his hideout. He didn't get anything out of me so he finally allowed me to go. He didn't see any honor in fighting with someone who wasn't playing a game with him. He is one annoying Bugster. I can't believe I was ever with him."

"He's too childish for you."

"And you're not too childish?"

"I'm a man who runs the greatest gaming company around," Masamune tells me, probably boosting his ego by one thousand percent. "I'm obviously not as childish as him. Your game, Kara, isn't effective against me. I hope you don't mind that. I kept in mind what my son did for your previous Gashat. I saw the data in it and could see that he rendered it ineffective against him as Dangerous Zombie."

"Your son was cruel to me at that point and learned of my past. He didn't take to kindly to someone using him for his Gashats. The plan was the leave Japan once I got my hands on them to let Foundation X study them and their power. I am no longer loyal to Foundation X, Masamune."

"And why is that? Say it."

I clear my throat. "I'm loyal to you."

"Say that once again."

"I'm always going to be loyal to you, Masamune. You are my God."

He stands up and he moves around his desk, staring at me. "I love it when you praise me, Kara. It reminds me of our special relationship."

"And just what is that relationship?"

I turn my head a bit and stare at Hiiro. "Hiiro..."

"Did I say you could come in, Taddle Legacy? I did not say anything about you coming in so you can leave. Don't make me punish you," Masamune says, going off on Hiiro.

"I want to know what this special relationship is."

"She's my daughter-in-law who worships the ground I walk on. That is pretty special, isn't it?" Masamune is downplaying this situation. He almost gave away our relationship! Our secret, disgusting relationship!

"I guess that would have to be considered special. I'll go now. I'm sorry for interrupting but I just wanted to ask you about something. I'll ask about it later."

"See you later, Taddle Legacy. We will discuss whatever you want to talk to me about later," Masamune says, motioning to the door.

Hiiro turns away and turns his head, looking back at me. I don't see why he needs to be in my business. I'm not doing anything bad right now.

"Goodbye, Hiiro," I say as he steps out the room. He closes the door behind himself and I move over to it, locking it. I need a bit of privacy with my dearest father-in-law.

"It is good that you locked it."

"It is."

I look over my shoulder. "Masamune, I'm glad you were able to keep him from digging further into our special relationship. Our relationship needs to remain a secret in order for our partnership to work out. If people find out, it would render our arrangement meaningless."

"It wouldn't be meaningless. Do you intend to break it off if it is discovered?"

"That would be the correct assumption."

He steps forward and he places his hands on my hips. "I can't imagine why you would want to end our relationship. This is beneficial to us both. We both get what we want out of it don't we? Your husband isn't pleasing you and I'm sure that Bugster isn't satisfying you either. You two haven't been together in a long time."