-Chapter 20

-Chapter 20: Making a Move

I look around the empty office at Genm Corp and move towards the desk. I go behind it and sit down, looking around still. I need to look into what Kuroto Dan is up to. Also, what is up with those Prototype Gashats?

Now, if I was rich and annoying, where would I have my top secret information stored at? Oh, I know where! The desk.

I open one of the drawers up, looking into them. I see one of those tablet looking things. Maybe that is what he keeps all of his data on.

"What are you doing here?"

I look up, closing the drawer lightning fast. "I was looking for a pen like the one you have on the desk." I point to his weird looking pen. "I figured if I want to look rich and obnoxious, I can just borrow one of your pens and bring it back later."

Dan looks at me, blank expression on his face. "Are you sure that is what you're looking for or are you looking for danger?" He moves towards me. "I think I know what you're up to, Kara. You're up to no good and you're going to keep being up to no good aren't you?"

"How did you know I was up to no good?" I stand up and pull down my skirt a bit. I don't want to expose too much of myself or else he'll assume I'm trying to get his attention. Which I'm not trying to do at all. I'm not desperate for him at all.

"You don't have your wig on today," he says, pointing out my lack of fake hair. "Why would you not wear it?"

"I'm not working right now so I don't have to. I have a late shift today," I state, moving around the desk and stopping in front of him. "Kuroto, can you tell me something about the Gashats?"

"What is it that you want to know? You know you don't have to snoop around if you're looking for some answers. I'm willing to provide you with a few answers on what is exactly going on. I won't tell you everything. I can't have you knowing everything about me."

"That is pretty fair. Anyways, tell me why you wouldn't let me use the Prototype."

"It is harmful. I'm sure we went over that already," he replies.

"What does it do specifically?" I cross my arms over my chest and glare at him. "Kuroto, you better answer me or I'll find someone who can. Like Kiriya Kujo. He seems really good at figuring out things. After all, he was able to steal back Emu's Gashat from Taiga Hanaya."

"I won't let you allow that man into my business. He has already meddled enough in my affairs." He steps closer to me and looks down at me coldly. "Kara, I won't let you use it because it'll corrupt you and I can't have you losing your mind when you're working for the CR. It'll make you look bad and it'll make me look bad. After all, I would have to know about where my Gashat went to. I'm no longer pursuing them. I told the Riders I found them and it was a simple mistake." He's cleaning up my mess? Why?

"I see..."

"I'm going to make sure no one knows what really happened, Kara. I won't let them know you stole them from me when I was out. After all, that would reveal that you had help from the Bugsters."

"I am glad you know how to be considerate for once."

"I have enough control to keep myself in check."

"I wonder how you're able to do that."

"I'm highly intelligent," he tells me. "Obviously, you're not. You're of average intelligence or less with how you love to be in so much danger. After all, you're going through my crap without my permission while you know that I'm the Black Rider. No sane person would do that."