-Chapter 22

-Chapter 22: Things Are Getting Serious

"Why are you here today, Kuroto?" Hiiro asks, glaring at Dan.

"I'm here because I have an announcement for you all. From now on you will have a new rider joining you. Kara will be joining you guys as a Kamen Rider. She does meet all the requirements so please don't ask why she was selected. She is perfect for the job." And he's perfect at being evil and a liar.

"When did you decide to select her to become a Kamen Rider?" Hiiro asks, actually looking shocked.

Emu stares at me in shock. "Huh?"

"Why are you two so confused?" I ask. "I'm perfectly qualified to be one. I have been here for a while now so it makes sense. Right, Kuroto?" I look at Dan, forcing a smile on my face. Gosh, this is completely awkward right now.

Dan nods his head, smiling. "Absolutely, Kara. You two are going to have to get along with her. Also, where is Poppy at right now?"

"She's busy," Emu answers. "She went off to handle something for the Minister of Health."

Hiiro looks at me. "Congratulations, Kara," he tells me, sounding absolutely ticked off. Does he not trust me right now? Or does it have to do with Dan? Oh, he's jealous! I almost forgot he was like that towards Dan.

"Thank you, Hiiro." I smile, staring straight into his eyes. "Anyways, Dan, should we talk about this a bit more? I think I'm going to need some training on the whole entire system."

"I will meet you at Genm Corp later. I will hook you up with as much data as you need in order to see what you need to do good in. I will base everything off of what the other Riders have done." He looks over at the door and I turn, eyes stopping on Miyuki.

"Hey, what is up everyone?"

"Hello," Dan answers. "You are Kara's friend, right?"

"That is correct!" Miyuki exclaims cheerfully, clapping her hands together. She is totally adorable! She's really, really adorable!

"It is great to see you once again. What is your name?"

"Miyuki," she answers, smiling warmly at her technical father.

I look at Dan, glaring at him a bit. I don't like how he is talking to her. Not that I'm jealous or anything because she wouldn't want to be with her father at all. Also, I doubt he wants to be with his own daughter.

"Kuroto, can we please talk?" I ask him.

He looks at me, taking his eyes off his daughter. "Yes, we can talk. If you're asking, it must be very important."

"It is very important." Of course, I'm lying about it being important.

"Alright, let's leave the room then."

"Alright. I'll see you all later." I bow my head a bit and step forward.

Miyuki moves forward, stepping towards me. When did I turn my body to walk straight? I guess I do things without thinking about it much. Or noticing it.

"Goodbye, Kara! Goodbye, Kuroto!" Miyuki says, smiling warmly. She's so sweet!

"Goodbye." I step out the room and Dan follows me, heading towards the elevator with me.

I stop at the elevator and press the button as Dan moves directly next to me. I look at him, hair sort of blocking my vision. Well, not really blocking my vision. Just covering my face a bit to the point he doesn't notice me looking right at him.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" he asks me.

"I just wanted to leave the room with you."

"Wanting to do something now?"