-Chapter 36

-Chapter 36: Origins

I touch Parad's face as he stares at the ceiling of the warehouse. He's so handsome. How can someone like him exist in this world?

He turns his head, looking me in the eyes as a smile grows on his face. "What is it?"

"Parad, how did you come into the universe?" I ask as he sits up a bit.

"Did Kuroto leave us already?"

"He went out to mess around."

"I had fun."

"Answer my question."

He laughs. "Why do you want to know that about me? I already told you enough about me," he states, chuckling. "Is it that important to you?"

"I just want to know how you came into this world. Is that so wrong?" I want to know all about the man I love. What is wrong with knowing things like that about him?

"Well, I was born into this world like most Bugsters. I came from my host who was a Human like you." He smiles. "You don't need to know about my host. It doesn't matter."

"Why can't I know about your host?"

"They're not important to you." He moves closer to me and puts his arms around me, pulling me closer to his body. "I love you, Kara. I really, really love you despite what I want to do with my life. No matter what, Kara, I won't kill you. You're someone who is untouchable in my mind. I don't know what you did to me but you did something."

"It is my wicked charm."

"What charm? You were playing innocent most of the time."

"Then it was the mystery behind me."

"Okay, it might be that. I just know you were very genuine towards me. You can't fake how you felt when you first saw me."

"I wouldn't be able to fake that much. When I gave myself to you it was real. It was a pure moment of happiness and love for me." How could I possibly fake anything I feel towards Parad? Getting involved with a Bugster is dangerous and plain wrong.

"Anyways, I do have my host's memories. I remember a lot about my host but it isn't anything you need to know about because you don't need to know everything about my host. It is the same thing as Graphite. He remembers everything Hiiro's deceased lover knows."

"Why are you referring to Graphite like he is alive?"

"Because he isn't truly dead to me. I still feel like he is with us." Parad kisses my cheek gently. "Kara Dan, I will be with you for the rest of my life."

"Are you sure you want that?"

"I am sure about it. Why?"

"No reason."

"What are you two going on about? Hurry up and get off the floor. I need to wash the blankets," Dan asks and I look over to the entrance of the warehouse. When did he come back?

"I'm not comfortable with you two watching me get dressed," I state.

"You got undressed last night so stop acting shy," Dan replies coldly, tossing a bag at me. "Put that on. I got you fresh clothes since you didn't think to bring any." Why is he being so rude? Does he hate sharing me with his little Bugster buddy?

I remove myself from Parad's arms and pull the blanket up as I pick up the bag at my side. "I'll put it on." I open it and pull out a variety of clothes. "You bought me an entire outfit. Why did you get me a pushup bra?"