Chapter 5 Is this real life?

Chapter 5

Luke’s POV:

Tonight has been such a crazy night to say the least. I feel so bad for those two girls. They have been on their own for almost 3 weeks. I can tell that Allie has had to grow up fast she is mature for being 16 and Madison is precious. I instantly feel a connection to them and I feel like I have to protect them and make sure they are OK. After I handed Maddie back to Allie Maddie said good night and that melted my heart. I walked out but I was going to go back in so I stopped and I heard their conversation. It broke my heart that Maddie was crying but wow could Allie sing. I know that Maddie said it earlier but I didn’t think it was true. I walked down stairs to join the group but Jason pulled me into the kitchen. “What the hell are you doing Luke?” “Nothing man” “You have to take them back wherever they came from” “I can’t do that man. I feel like I have to protect them.” “Whatever she is telling you could be a lie Luke. It might be a scheme to get money from one of us” “No she’s not lying Jason. I could see the hurt and pain in her eyes and she has a faint bruise on her face. Her step dad was abusive and he had something to do with her mom falling down stairs and their mom died tonight” I had a tear coming down my eyes, I didn’t want to get so attached but I already care about those little girls. “I’m sorry man but you can’t just keep them. You can get in trouble even charged with kidnapping. If you want them to stay you have to go through the proper channels.” “I didn’t think of all that” He patted me on the back and I stood there for a while collecting myself. I heard Allie’s voice so I made my way to the living room.

Allie’s POV:

I walked downstairs to find Luke but I didn’t see him so I was just going to go back upstairs. “Where ya goin sweetheart” I swear he had the sexiest accent it is like heaven. “Back upstairs, I was lookin for Luke but he isn’t in there.” “We’ll no need to hide, we don’t bite. Well most of us I can’t vouch for Blake.” I let out a laugh and smile. I couldn’t help but smile “Well never thought you would ever smile or laugh it’s a good look on you.” I can’t believe I’m in Jason Aldean’s house and I’m talking to Tyler Hubbard. Gianna would be peeing her pants. But she like reads all the magazines and follows their whole life all I do is listen to their music and occasionally I can see picture with G. So I’m not crazy like her but its still crazy. “So I know that you know most of these people.” “Yeah” “Well I’ll introduce them anyway this is Blake, Miranda, BK and his wife Ashleigh, that’s Jason and Luke Oh and I’m Tyler.”  “Nice to meet y’all” I went to the couch and sat next to Tyler. “So where ya from Allie?” BK asked “A little farm town outside of Raleigh N.C called Cooper.” So how old are you and Maddie” Tyler asked “Well I’m 19 and Maddie…”  I was interrupted by Luke. “Don’t let her lie to you guys she’s only 16” “Well I have an ID that says I’m 19 so.” “Yeah that don’t mean a damn thing.” “Fine I’m 16 and Maddie is 2 but don’t say that to her she says she’s 3. I made the mistake of saying that she would be a big girl because she was turning 3 this year and she ran with it her birthday is July 10th” They all laughed. “So honey why are you camped out in the woods?” Miranda asked. “Well about 3 weeks we kinda ran away because David or my step dad pushed my mom down the stairs during a fight and she went into a coma. When we went to the hospital to see her he came in and we got into an argument and he slapped and punched me in the face. He told me if he ever saw me again he’d kill me. So I grabbed Maddie our stuff and took off” Everyone was in shocked. “Oh my lord that is horrible. Where have you been all this time” Miranda asked “Well Maddie wanted to go to the beach so we spent a couple weeks in Myrtle Beach. There’s a nice hotel that rents to people 18 and older so I used my ID that says I’m 19.” I said sarcastically looking at Luke and smiling “How are you taking care of the two of you, I mean you’re only 16?” Ashleigh asked “Well I kinda have a trust from my birth fathers family and it goes into a account that David didn’t know about and my mom put it in my name so if anything happened to her he couldn’t touch it. So I’ve used that, it was supposed to be for college but whatever. So money isn’t the problem” “So what’s the problem?”  Blake asked. “This damn town doesn’t rent to people under 21” “Oh I see” Blake said laughing a bit. “And watch your mouth young lady” Luke added“Sorry Luke” I said trying not to laugh. “Wow you’ve been through so much. I’m sorry” Tyler said. “Yeah I guess but I have Maddie and she is my world. And I’m sitting in a room full of bad ass country singers.” Luke just cleared his throat. “Yeah sorry Luke” I said laughing. The whole time we were talking my phone was going off I just kept ignoring it. “Who keeps calling you; By the way love your ringtone.” Tyler said. “Thanks. It’s my best friend Gigi.” “Why are you ignoring her?” “She wants me to come home for my mom’s funeral and I can’t go so I’m just ignoring her.” “Well maybe she just wants to make sure you’re alright” “Maybe, You’re kinda smart I guess I’ll answer.” “Yeah I know and good you can’t let your friend worry about you even though you’re safe now.”