Chapter 9 Good News and Confusion

Chapter 9

Luke’s POV:    

After Allie’s crash I was just in shock when she put her shoulder back in. It was like it was a normal thing and that is sad. I could see if she played sports her getting hurt like that but she didn’t. It made me angry that a man could do this to her. I hope our lawyer can help us I know Allie and Maddie would love that. Just as I was about to sit down my phone rang and it was my Lawyer. <Hello> I said walking away. <Hey Luke you got time?> <Yeah I got some time, what’s going on? Did you find out anything?> <I actually found out a lot. From what I got from local cops, hospitals and anyone I could talk to. These kids have been through a lot. Especially Allie Luke she’s been through more than she probably told you. She was in the state hospital for a couple month when she was 14 because she tried to kill herself. She never tried again but I think you should talk to her because there is more but I think you should hear it from her> <Ok did you figure out the whole guardianship thing?> <Yeah I got them to grant temporary guardianship to you and Camille. I set up for them to come there in a week to read there mom’s will. Then depending on what is in there we can go from there.> <OK thank you, Have you heard anything about David?> <Yes I’m still confirming but I heard from the Tennessee state police that they found his truck with a man fitting his description with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.> <When will you know for sure> <Probably Monday. Talk to Allie and if you still want to go through with the guardianship we can sign the papers next week.> <alright but I don’t see any reason why I wouldn’t> <Just talk to her and I’ll call you when I know anything.> <OK>  I hung up and he had me really confused and curious. I wanted to talk to Allie but when I walked up she was laughing and having a good time. I’ll just save it for later. “SO good news or what” Camille asked. “I don’t know we need to sit down with Allie because our lawyer said he found out some stuff but he wanted to give her the opportunity to tell us. He also said she tried to commit suicide when she was 14.” “Oh lord she has been through more than we think” “But look at her Camille, she has a smile and laugh that could make a bad day good. How could anyone hurt her? How could her mother not do everything to protect her?” “I don’t know Luke but we will be there for her” “Yeah we can actually sign the temporary guardianship papers this week. Plus the lawyer also said he thinks that David committed suicide.” “Well I’m not saying that’s good but at least the girls will be safe.” “Yeah, I want to talk to Allie as soon as possible.” “Yeah but look at her she is actually laughing and smiling let’s wait till we get home Luke” “You’re right” I looked over and Allie and Maddie were both smiling I’m glad they are happy and enjoying themselves. Camille was right we couldn’t talk to her now. I walked back and she was over with Blake, Miranda and Jason they were shooting. I didn’t think she could shoot with her shoulder but she had her bow in her hand.

Allie’s POV:

When Luke went to take his phone call I sat with everyone and we were talking about everything just laughing and getting along. I could tell they were watching what they asked to try not to make me upset. “So Allie what kinda TV shows do you like” Layla asked “David didn’t let me watch TV much. The only channels we had were for Maddie. But I listened to music and read a lot.” “Oh I see.” She said looking sad. “Don’t feel sorry for me Layla. I’m fine” “It’s hard not to. I’m so sorry” I gave her a hug. “I’m gonna go watch them shoot.” I got up and grabbed my bow and went over to them. “How’s the shoulder feeling little miss bad ass” Jason asked “Nothin an aspirin can’t fix.” I laughed. It actually wasn’t that bad a little sore but functional. “Can ya shoot” Blake asked “We’ll see. I’m usually really good but I don’t know with my shoulder” “Sure. You have something to blame your crappy shooting on” Blake said and I hit his arms “OK just watch and learn big guy” I drew my bow and let it go towards the target and hit center. I took another arrow out and shot it and it hit center also. “Eat your words Blakers.” “Blakers I like that” He said smiling “Yeah babe she sure showed you” Miranda added. “Yeah she’s good” He said as he picked me up and put me on his shoulder. “She’s the Champion, She’s the best bow shooter in town.” He said mockingly. I was laughing hysterically “Put me down crazy!” “Nope the champion gets the VIP treatment” Everyone was laughing. “What’s going on here?” Luke asked “Well were celebrating Allie hittin the bull’s eye twice in a row” Blake said. “Oh good job sweetheart” “Thanks Luke, Blakers you can put me down any time now” I said “Ok fine” He said putting me down. “Now let’s see what you can do with a pistol” Luke said. “OK but warning I’m not as good. I haven’t shot a pistol that much.” “Well I’ll show you darlin” Luke stood next to me and explained the pistol to me then told me to aim. He helped me put my arms in the right position. “OK Allie now aim at that bottle over there.” I shot and missed “shit this is harder than I thought” “ Allie seriously, Where did you get a mouth like that” “I don’t know no one really cared what I said but I’ll work on it Luke” “Yes please because I don’t like it that much and we don’t want Maddie to pick up that bad habit.” I’m sorry Luke” “Its Ok. Now try again” I aimed in and knocked over the bottle, I aimed at another and hit that one too. I put the gun on safe and Luke pulled me in for a hug. “You learn fast, good job” “Thanks Luke, Thank you for teaching me” “Anytime, I look forward to teaching you more” I gave him another hug. “So where’s Maddie?” “Last time I seen her she was with her TyTy. Luke I think he might really be her favorite.” “I can’t let that happen.” He said and we walked over to find Maddie and she was sitting with Tyler of course. “Sissy you back. Maddie have fun.” “I can see that baby girl. You are covered in mud.” “I’m sorry Allie. TyTy did it.” “He did?” “Yes, he said it’s OK” “It’s ok Maddie we’ll get cleaned up when we get back” “So Maddie you are replacing me with Tyler” Luke asked and Maddie stood up and walked over to Luke. “No Maddie love Luke most. Can Maddie stay with Luke?” “Well I wouldn’t have it any other way little Maddie” Her face lit up when he said that. “See we no have to leave Sissy” I just smiled at her and I was kinda mad at Luke because he shouldn’t get her hopes up. She won’t understand when we have to leave.  We were literally out there all day riding and shooting and just having a good time. We decided to head back to the house and Luke told me I could either ride with him on the 4 wheeler or I could ride in the truck. So I rode with him on the four wheeler and he was going kinda fast but I just held on tight and it was so much fun. He made sure to hit all the mud I was having the time of my life.