Chapter 7 How'd you get My number?

Allie’s POV:

It was about 5 when I noticed that Maddie wasn’t in the bed. I hope she isn’t bothering anyone. She likes to wake people up in the morning but today she let me sleep. I grabbed my phone off of the charger and I looked at the messages. I had a couple from Gigi <Allie I’m sorry about last night. My mom made me realize it’s not safe for you to come back. When she gets better or they find David I’ll see you. I love you> She has nothing to apologize for. I want to be there for her but she was right.  She sent me another message. <I’m guessing you are still sleeping. Mom and dad are both fine. Mom will get out tomorrow and dad has to stay a week or two. I miss you but don’t come home.> I replied <I met a nice stranger in the woods and he let us stay at his house.> I waited a while she was going to flip. My phone rang and before I could even say Hi I was being scolded<Alison Marie Sanders I thought you were more responsible than that.> <Damn Gianna. I’m joking kinda> <Kinda> <Yeah I did meet a stranger in the woods but he turned out to be Luke Bryan> <OMG you’re lying to me right now> <No I swear G we thought we were on public property but we weren’t we were so scared when he came up but turns out I was on Jason Aldean’s property and yeah I slept in his house.> <Well that’s crazy but hey everything happens for a reason> <Yeah but I don’t want Maddie to get attached. We can’t stay here. I don’t want to get them in trouble.> <but maybe they’ll take you in legally like momma and daddy were gonna do> < I doubt that why would they want me. Plus Luke doesn’t know the whole story. When he finds out I’m sure he won’t want Me.> <Allie don’t say that you deserve to be loved and have a real family. None of this is your fault> <No I don’t but Maddie does maybe I’ll jus leave her with them> <You can’t do that. She needs you> <I know. I gotta go find her she’s probably either lost or bothering someone. I’ll call you later. Love ya> <Love ya too.> I didn’t bother to check the rest of the messages I just went downstairs. I heard Maddie talk about how she has to be a big girl for me and how our mom is in heaven with Jesus. I love that little girl she is so smart for her age. “Good Morning Maddie, Luke” Sissy you up,” “Yeah I’m up and since when do you wander around by yourself.” “I’m sorry sissy” “It’s OK. Did she wake you up Luke” “Yeah but it’s OK.” “Luke is making pancakes Allie” “I wonder why.” “Maddie likes pancakes” She said with a little attitude. “I know Maddie it’s all you ever want for breakfast” “SO you look a little better Allie” Luke said while continuing to make breakfast. “Yeah I talked to Gigi and Mr. and Mrs. Frank are doing alright. She said not to come back because David is still out there somewhere.” “Well that’s good and don’t worry about him I won’t let him hurt you” “Thanks Luke.” “My pleasure” He finished making breakfast and called everyone down. By called I mean he yelled and blew the blow horn. Maddie and I laughed. I helped Luke put the platters on the table. I swear he made over 100 pancakes, sausage, bacon, fruit salad and a big thing of cheesy eggs. “Luke I love cheesy eggs” “Yeah someone told me” He just smiled. Gigi was right he did have a nice smile. Everyone started to come downstairs and Maddie had a death grip on my leg. She signaled me to pick her up. She’s shy at first but she’ll be OK. I knew one person she would be happy to see. Miranda walked over to Maddie. “So you must be Maddie” “Don’t be shy Maddie you know who this is” “No” She whispered in my ear. “This is one of your favorite singers Miranda” “Randa, Gun powder Randa?”Miranda had the biggest smile “Yes Maddie” She lifted her head up and smiled at Miranda “Hi Randa” “Hello Maddie.” I introduced her to everyone else and sat her on my lap since I didn’t have her booster seat in the house. It was fine I haven’t really eaten that much this whole time. I cut up her food and let her eat “So Allie you ride 4 wheelers, dirt bikes? Do you shoot?” Jason asked. “Yes, Yes and Yes. I had a wheeler at home and Gigi had a dirt bike. I could ride it sometimes when he wasn’t there or when he was being nice. I also have a bow it’s in the truck. My mom got it for me and Mr. Frank would take Gianna and me hunting or just out shooting.” “That’s cool so you wanna come out with us today” “Yeah if that’s ok” “Of course it is.” Luke said.After a few minutes this beautiful Blonde lady came walking in the house. She gave Luke a kiss and handed him the cutest little boy I guess this was Luke’s family they were beautiful. “Allie you haven’t eaten a thing” Luke said from across the table. “I’m not really hungry” “Well eat anyway” I just looked at him. “You sound like my mom.” “Sorry but eat something” “Fine” I put a couple eggs on my plate and bacon. I ate as much as I could. I took Maddie to the bathroom to clean her up. I finally checked my other messages. They were from a number I didn’t recognize. <I’m gonna find you and kill you> How did he get this number. I didn’t think he knew I had this phone. He must have got the number off my mom’s phone. I opened another one. < You little bitch I know you better than you think. I know you’re in Nashville and I will search the whole town to find you> <I’m getting close, you and Maddie are dead> I almost dropped my phone. “Luke can I please talk to you?” “Yeah sure.” “Maddie you stay with Miranda. “Ok Allie.” She went and sat on Miranda’s lap. “What is it Allie” I handed him my phone. He read all the messages and just hugged me. “Luke I have to go. I can’t put you all in danger” “Well I can’t let you go Allie; we will protect you and Maddie. He has to go through all of us” “but Luke.” “But nothing. We will go have fun and I will call my lawyer and the police.” “Well do I really have a choice?” “Nope you don’t.” Then Camille came walking in. “Allie this is Camille my wife, Camille this is Allie” “Nice to meet you ma’am” “Oh sweetheart call me Camille and I just heard a lot about you from Maddie. She loves her big sister.” “Yeah she’s a big mouth” I laughed. “So Luke I need some things out of my truck can I have my keys?” “Nope but I’ll gladly go out with you” “You took the girls keys? And Allie where did you get that tuck from.” “Yeah he did he thinks I’m gonna run off. And it was my mom’s but a couple months ago she signed the title and everything over to me.” “Oh yeah wouldn’t want you to run off. The truck is very nice.” “Thank you” We walked out to the dining room “Allie this is Bo” Maddie said. I bent down “Hi Bo nice to meet you I’m Allie” “Hi Allie” He replied shyly. “Allie Bo likes pancakes so we can be friends” I couldn’t help but laugh. “Ok baby girl, I’m goin outside with Luke I’ll be right back.” “Ok, don’t leave me Allie” “I wouldn’t dream of it” Luke and I went out to the truck and I grabbed a suit case and I grabbed my Bow. “You have more stuff than I thought” “I grabbed as much as I could when I left. I knew we’d never be back.” “I can see that” He laughed as we walked back into the house. My phone vibrated I felt my heart sink. <I’m about 5hours from Tennessee you can’t hide. I’m gonna do things to you that you never imagined then I’m gonna Kill Madison in front of you. I’m gonna torture you then kill you. It’s your fault your mom is gone. I loved her and now what am I gonna do without her.> I through my phone on the floor. It was tough I guess because it didn’t break. “Allie don’t break it. We need it.” “Fine, you take it but can I use your phone to call Gianna” “Yeah of course.” I handed him my phone and he gave me his. I called Gianna and left a message that David got my phone number and keeps sending me messages. I’ll call her later. I handed Luke back his phone and went to get changed.

I went through the stuff I brought in and I put on a pair of long basketball shorts under my lose camo pants, a tank top and my boots. My tank top is also camo and it says Country girls do it better in pink writing. I put my hair in a ponytail and pulled it through my hat. I got Maddie dressed and grabbed my jacket and went downstairs. Tyler was sitting on the couch with a girl I think is his girlfriend. I was going to go straight outside because I didn’t want to interrupt but that didn’t happen. “Love the shirt Allie” “Thanks T” “How ya feeling?” “Well ya know just trying to keep it together. I jus want a good day, ya know?” “Well hopefully you will.” I could see his girlfriend was confused and a little mad that he didn’t introduce us. “Oh and little Maddie girl you look like a real country girl” “Jus like sissy, TyTy” She ran over to him and climbed in his lap. I love how she’s so trusting and innocent but even I was starting to feel safe and comfortable. “Allie, Maddie this is my girlfriend Layla” Tyler said. “Hi Lala, you’re really pretty.” She held out her hand for Layla to shake it and of course how could she not. “Nice to meet you Maddie, You’re pretty too.” “Thank you” I walked over to shake her hand. “It’s nice to meet you Allie” “Nice..” I was interrupted “Allie” “Yeah.” “Come out here please.” “Coming” “I’m sorry Layla, It’s nice to meet you too” I went to pick up Maddie. “I stay with TyTy please” “If that’s ok with him and Layla.” They both shook their head and I walked out to see what Luke wants.  “Yeah Luke what’s up” “Nothing just seeing if you were downstairs and ready. Oh and your friend Gianna texted my friend she said they are releasing her mom from the hospital and to call her later.” “Yeah I will. Have you gotten any more messages on my phone?” “Don’t worry about that, I’m taking care of it. Where’s Maddie?” “Oh she’s with her TyTy” I said laughing “Oh ok. So you wanna ride a 4 wheeler or dirt bike?” “Dirt bike if that’s OK with you?” “Sure thing, you know how to ride one.” “Yes when he would let me I would go riding with Gianna. He would buy me stuff or let me do stuff sometimes. I think he felt bad sometimes but then he’d get angry or drunk and it would go back to normal. But yes I can ride a dirt bike.” “OK you stay on the trails with BK, Ash and Thubb because we have different trails for the wheelers and bikes.” “OK, Luke” “And be very careful Allie” “Yes Luke I will be careful” One night and he’s already over protective. It seems like he cares about me more than anyone has. Well adults because Gianna cares about me more than anything. Even her parents turned a blind eye most times because they didn’t want to get my mom in trouble. Anyway I was standing by the dirt bike I was going to riding and checking it out. “Good choice” Tyler said carrying Maddie to the bike next to me. “So you’re trying to steal my little girl T” “yep we bonded over her good taste in music” He put her down and she came over to me. “Sissy I love TyTy, he’s my favorite” I looked at Tyler “How much he pay you to say that” “This many” She said pulling 2 dollars out her pocket. “Bribing her T, that’s just sad” “but Sissy is always number one” “I know baby girl. Who comes after Sissy and Gigi?” “Luke.” I looked at Tyler as he put his head down pretending to be sad and cry. “oh no cry TyTy Maddie still love you.” He bent down so she could give him a hug “I love you too Maddie girl” I keep thinking I want to stay but I know we can’t. I don’t want Maddie to get attached and then we have to leave. I would love to call these people family but the first chance they get they will ship me off. They have their own lives and why would they want me?  Luke came walking up. “Y’all ready to go.” “Luke Maddie can go?” “Of course sweetheart, you can ride in the Jeep with Camille, Bo and Layla” Her eyes lit up as Luke picked her up to put her in the Jeep. He walked back over and gave me a helmet. “Again be very careful.” “Again I will” “You are such a smart ass” “Hey hey watch your language.” We both started laughing. I put on the helmet and my jacket.