chapter 13

Once I am off the plane, I go retrieve my luggage and go through security. I check my phone to make sure Rebecca didn't try to text me when I realize the clock on my phone needs to be changed since it's a three hour difference. I decide to change it later as I walk out into the room with a whole bunch of seats. I assume Rebecca is in here and my assumption is right when I spot her sitting in a chair drinking a Starbuck's coffee.

I walk up behind her and try to make my voice as low as possible tapping her on the shoulder," Miss, can my daughter get a picture with you?" She turns around confused at first but a huge smile spreads on her face when she sees me and I jump into her arms. "LUCY!" She hugs me tightly. "I missed you so much Bex."

Once we are done reuniting in hugs and pictures, we walk out to her car and I put my luggage in the trunk. As we drive through LA, I take in all the beauty. Palm trees line the streets, busy pedestrians hurry on the side walks, teenagers penny board through the town, the hot sun beats down on the beautiful city. Miles wide all I see is happiness.

"All of the boys are so excited to see you." "Really? I am so excited to see them too. Can we hang out with them soon?" I really hope everything is going the right way for once. I moved to California, I made a whole bunch of new friends, and my Youtube is getting really popular. It seems too good to be true but I want to believe it.

We pull up to what I assume to be Rebecca's house and I hop out of the car grabbing my bags. We walk in the front door and I am introduced to her mom. "Mom this is Lucy." "Hi, I'm Rebecca's mom Georgina, but you can call me Gina." Her mom welcomes me to their home with a big hug and I meet Rebecca's little brother Chase. Then Rebecca leads me to the guest room. "I really hope we find a place today or tomorrow because I packed everything last night out of my excitement of you coming here."

I set my bags down in my temporary room. "Are we searching today?" I pull out my phone charger, plugging it into an outlet to charge my phone and taking my beauty products bag out setting it on the dresser. "Yeah and hopefully we can move in the day after we find a place. Apartments in LA usually do that considering people move to LA with no place to live. Why don't we leave around noonish and after apartment hunting, I'll show you around?" I nod my head and Rebecca leave my room to get ready.

I change into a pair of black jean shorts lined with studs and a Red Hot Chilli Pepper's muscle tank. I change my nose ring to a stud not wanting to look like irresponsible people if we do find an apartment. It's eleven o'clock a.m  here so it's two p.m in Baltimore. I decide to Facetime Olivia to tell her how things are going. After the third call she picks up, "Lucy! How's LA?" I tell her how pretty it is and talk to her and mom for an half hour. "Rebecca and I are going apartment hunting. I'll call you later. Love you!" I hang up and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take my braid out, having slightly wavy hair.

I leave my hair alone and put on my flip-flops that fasten around my ankle. As I wait for Rebecca to get ready I post a picture of Rebecca and I in the airport on Instagram then decide to go downstairs to get to know her mother, Gina, better. I grab my bag with fringe on the bottom that straps across my body and put my phone, sunglasses and money in.

I sit on the couch talking about Baltimore and my life there with Gina for fifteen minutes when Rebecca runs down the stairs telling me to let her brush her teeth and she'll be ready. I grab her keys to the car and start it to make sure the car is comfortable by the time we leave. One thing I have to get used to is the 75 to 100 degree weather year round.

 I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Rebecca shutting the car door and the click of her seat belt. "So where to first? I was thinking on the outskirts of the city maybe? They have a lot of affordable apartments near the O2l house." I nod my head while feeling a buzz in my bag coming from my phone. I've been added to a group chat including Jc, Ricky, Kian, Sam, Connor, Trevor, Jenn, Andrea, Rebecca, and I.

From the group chat:

are you in LA yet? -Andrea

To the group chat:

Yes, Rebecca and I are searching for apartment right now.

I look to my left and it is populated with blue, shimmery water, warm, grainy sand and the hot sun covering everything. Soon, the beach is replaced with buildings and businesses. We pull up to an apartment building and we hop out, walking in through the sliding doors.

Five minutes later we leaving hearing it costs way too much for us. We go to two other buildings not really feeling them. We then pull up to the last place of the day, which happens to be four blocks away from the O2l house. The price is affordable and there aren't very many apartment rules. We decide to look at one of the empty apartments and by the looks, it's very nice.

As soon as you walk in there is a small hallway that leads into a living room kind and a small kitchen, both with windows. Once you keep walking down the hallway again there is a closet and two master bedrooms. Rebecca and I fall in love with the place even though it isn't furnished. It's simple and perfect for us. We decide on it and spend an hour signing the lease papers and such.

We decide to move in tomorrow and we go right to her mom's work which happens to be a furniture store. Since I don't have a bed or furniture, we order a bed, a couch, a dresser, a table and chairs. Rebecca plans to bring her furniture from her house so we get the ordered furniture for free.

We then spend the rest of the day walking around the streets of LA and going into shops. I could rally get used to calling this place home.

We go back to Rebecca's house around nine at night and her mom makes steak for dinner. We spend the rest of the night in Rebecca's room watching movies. I start to drift off into a deep sleep considering I would be asleep three hours ago, but all I seem to think of is Sam and his soft lips.

(Sorry this is kind of short but I don't want to make this chapter really long. Hope you like it!!)