chapter 39

I couldn't sleep. I felt like I needed to stay up. I wasn't tired since all we did today was go back home and hang out with Marcus, Joe, Caspar and Troye. Troye was asleep next to me, but I was refusing to sleep in case my feeling meant something.

The minute my phone rang, relief washed over me. But when I answered the call, I wasn't relieved to hear Sam's voice. "Lucy?" What the fuck? He wasn't calling on his phone, who's phone is he on? "Um, yes?" "I-I need you to come get me please." What is going on? I shouldn't judging the way he treated me but my mind had a different plan.

I was already out of bed, putting on my flip-flops. "Where are you?" I guess I'm in charge of Rebecca's car since I had the keys, so I picked them up and headed towards my bedroom door. "I'm in jail..well the holding place." What the fuck? Why is Sam in jail? It's fucking three in the morning.

"Which one?" I was talking through clenched teeth walking down the stairs. "The Anahiem one.." You have to be kidding me. "Be there soon." Some reason, even though I have to drive almost an hour, I'm happy, even a little excited. Why did Sam call me out of everybody?

I got in the car and put the jail in my GPS before heading towards the destination in yoga shorts and a t-shirt. What a fashion trend. Picking up your ex- admirer from jail at three in the morning, barely dressed. Well, is Sam my admirer now that he called me?

These kind of thoughts filled my mind until I pulled up to the holding. I quickly got out of Rebecca's parked car and speed walked to the door. When I walked in, there was a desk with an officer and cells outlining the walls holding 'criminals'. I felt their eyes on me making me uncomfortable under their stare.

I didn't know how anything worked or what I say so I walked up to the officer. "Can I talk to him?" I pointed to Sam and he nodded letting me walk up to his cell. "Sam, what the fuck?" He looked down, "I'll explain later. Can you get me out of here?" He is so aggravating!

"I can't until you tell me what happened which decides if I can get you out or not!" I looked surprised at my harshness but answered. "I kind of was caught peeing in public. A cop found me and said if I could get someone to come get me, I can leave." I rolled my eyes.

I walked back over to the desk, "I'm here to take him. Is there anything he has to do?" He walked over and unlocked Sam's cell before handing Sam a clipboard. Once Sam was finally free, I walked to the car. "Aren't you cold? You're barely wearing anything." I rolled my eyes at his ungratefulness.

"I'm sorry, but I was called at three in the morning to drive an hour away and get you from jail. You probably only called me knowing I would give in and come get you!" Sam groaned and got in the passenger seat. "No, I called you because whether we are acting like we're dating or arguing, I know you're a true friend."

Why does he always have to get all mushy and distract me? I kind of miss being his..kind of. "Whatever. Let's just go home." We went by the hotel he was staying in for him to get his stuff and check out before heading home. During this time, Sam didn't try to argue or not talk. He talked to me as if we were best friends who knew each other their whole life. We laughed and there wasn't a dull moment.

By now it was five in the morning and we just entered LA. I drove to the nearest Dunkin' Donuts. "What are we doing here?" Does he use his common sense? "To feed my sheep, why else would we be here?" He burst out laughing, "Why sheep?" I rolled my eyes and leaned out the window to order my coffee.

"Want anything?" He ordered his drink and I payed before heading to his apartment. "Can you drop me off at the boys' house?" I gave him a questioning look. "Sure, why?"  He looked down again. What is with this new nervous reaction? "I got kicked out while I was at Vidcon so I'm staying there." I nodded my head and drove to the house that I hadn't been at in ages.

When we got there, I got out of the car and walked up to the door. "You know nobody is going to be awake, right?" I blushed and nodded my head. What has gotten into me! "If you need something, just call me." Sam shook his head, "We need to talk soon you know." By now, the sun was starting to rise and I had not slept at all.

"I know, later." Sam nodded the door and hugged me. "Thank you so much Lucy." He pecked me on the lips which took me by surprise before shutting the door. Well, damn.

I drove back home and by now, it was no point in sleeping. I went upstairs to my room and tiptoed to my charger, plugging my phone in and going into my filming room to get on my laptop. After about four hours, I went downstairs and started making cinnamon rolls knowing Andrea and Jenn would wake up soon.

Once they were done and everybody ate them, I decided to do some cleaning around the house since Rebecca was getting out today and had to come by here to get clothes before going to the institute for fucking hell.

Troye went out to go film a video with Connor and Andrew, Anthony, and Jack went to the beach leaving Andrea, Jenn and me home. They were sitting on the couch while I did the dishes. "So..I saw Sam last night.." Both of the girls' heads turned towards me. "What?" I explained to them what happened before Jenn asking, "So are you two together again?"

"I have no idea because he acted like we were best friends but when I dropped him off, he kissed me." Andrea looked focused, "That's a hard one. Maybe you should just let it play out." That's when the door bell rang. I ran to the door expecting Rebecca but instead, it was some random boy.  

He looked in his early twenties and was attractive. He had a tattoo sleeve which looked good and had the same color hair as me. The more I studied him, he looked familiar.

"Hi, are you Lucy?" I was unsure if I should answer truthfully or not but I did. "Yes.." He looked happy suddenly before announcing, "I'm  Louis, you're step brother."

(Sorry this is so short but I wanted to end it there. I hope you liked this chapter! ILY ALL AND THANK YOU SO MUCH!