chapter 60

I slowly woke up to the sound of my alarm alerting me to wake up and I could  tell I would be in a good mood today. It felt so odd sleeping in my bed alone but Sam was in Chicago for an event that I couldn't remember it's name if my life depended on it.

I pulled myself out of bed and dragged my feet along my bedroom floor into the bathroom. I wasted no time stripping down and getting in the shower; I felt like I was covered in slime.

The hot water woke me up and I wrapped myself in a towel before quickly going back into my room. I pulled out a pair of black leggings and a wool sweater which rose up my stomach a bit. It was nearly Halloween meaning not only was I ready for fall but it was fall. Unfortunately Los Angles didn't really get any colder than sixty degrees.

I threw my clothes on and combed my hair out, leaving it to dry while I put on mascara. I popped my contacts in and walked over to Liv's room to wake her up for school.

Once the coffee was brewed and I had made french toast, Liv came downstairs before devouring her breakfast. "Soo..are you excited?" Liv just shrugged and put her plate in the sink. "Come on, how are you not excited for your tenth birthday? It's in two days!"

She looked down quickly before choking out," It's just..this is the first time mom won't be here." I pushed myself out of my seat and engulfed her in a hug as I kissed the top of her head.

"She'd be proud of you. I know it's hard, but we'll get through this. But if you continue to live in the past, you won't be able to focus on the present and what you're going to make of yourself right now. I still cry over her Liv, but I refuse to let it hold me down. She understands."

She nodded in my arms and I let her go, "Now go brush your teeth and get your backpack." She dashed up the stairs as I put the dirty dishes in the dish washer. Then I, too, brushed my teeth and grabbed my purse and work bag.

Liv and I got in the car and I sped off to her school. Before I knew it, I was parking in the mall parking lot and was walking into the Forever 21. I don't know how I managed to get this job but at least I don't need to wear a uniform. My Youtube videos have been getting more and more popular and I know I'll end up quitting soon.

I walked into the back room where I set my bags as I adjusted the pin on my shirt and swiped in. "Hey Lucy!" I turned to see my co-worker, Cindy, checking her make-up in the mirror. She was a year younger than me but she was a good friend.

"Hey." We chatted a little as we set up the store. It was a slow shift but that gave Cindy time to run over to Starbucks as I watched the store.

Since Sam was in Chicago, his time difference wasn't too bad and around ten, I got a call from him. "Hey babe."

I giggled, "Hey Sam. What are you doing today?" I heard him slurp cereal as he spoke, "I have a meet up I think. I really don't know yet." I heard talking in the background before he spoke again, "Hey, I'm sorry but we have to go meet up at the main hall. I'll call you later today baby. I love you."

I was kind of disappointed at how short the phone call was but at least he called. "Okay, have fun. I love you too." I hung up and Cindy came walking in with a coffee in her hand.

Work went by slowly but my shift was finally done and I was starving since it was already two and I ate at seven in the morning. Liv didn't get out for another hour so I called Andrea. "Hey, I'm coming over but I think I'll stop at Wendy's. Want any?"

I ended up buying her, Jenn, Arden, Lauren and Rebecca food but it didn't bother me. My whole car smelled like the fast food and I drove over to the girls' house. We all laid in Lauren's bed while eating before I had to go pick up Liv.

On my way to her school, I got a call from Kian. "Hey, come over after you picked up your sister, okay?" I was confused on why he'd invite me over. Kian and I are good friends now, but something seemed..weird.

Liv came out of school and walked over to my car. "Lucy, can I go over my friend's house?" I was still very protective over her since the weed incident. "Who's?" That's when I realized a girl a little taller than her was standing next to her. "Brianna, you've met her mom at back to school night."

I recalled that night when I got many strange looks from forty year old parents but Brianna's mom was nice when Liv introduced me to her. She was understanding about our mom and said, "If you ever need anything, I'm more than happy to help."

She seemed to be a caring mom and would take care of Liv. "You can but text me when you're ready to come home. No later than six thirty." She thanked me and ran off to Brianna's car.

I drove off towards the boys' house and pulled in the driveway as the garage doors were opening. What the hell?

I pulled the key out of the ignition slowly and as I looked up, I saw the love of my life standing where a car would be with Kian and Jc next to him.

I didn't even think about what I was doing as I flung my door open and ran up , jumping in Sam's arms. I buried my head in his chest, missing his scent considering he was at his event for a week.

I pulled away and looked up at him, smiling. "Thanks Kian" ,I gushed, knowing he planned this and Sam kissed my forehead. "I missed you."

(I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN FOREVER. I KNOW THIS IS SHORT BUT i'M EXHAUSTED FROM SCHOOL TODAY AND HAVE IT TOMORROW.

I haven't updated lately because I want to give you guys the best of my ability and something felt off. I don't know what it was but I think I'm feeling better but I don't think I'll updating everyday.

I hope you like this chapter, it's a filler. I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU SO MUCH!)