chapter 44

I looked out the window of the plane as we flew from coast to coast. Up here in the clouds felt like it was a whole different world, like anything that has happened down on the ground can't affect me right now. I feel so at peace.

After hours of the internet with Liv asleep next to me, a voice came over the speaker. "Welcome to Los Angles." I woke Liv up and put all of my electronics in my carry-on bag. Once we were landed, I grabbed my sister's hand and lead her to our luggage and went through all the necessary things.

Once we were outside, I spotted Jenn's car like her and Andrea promised. Liv and I rolled our luggage to the car as two of my best friends got out of the car. I ran up and wrapped my arms around both of them. "I missed you two so much!"

Once we pulled out of the hug, I forgot Liv has never meet Andrea or Jenn. "Liv, this is Jenn", I motioned towards Jenn and Jenn hugged Olivia. "And this is Andrea." They also hugged and I could tell they would all get along.

After the long drive home, I grabbed my suitcase as Liv did the same and walked up to the house. It's so weird considering the fact this is the first time Liv has ever been to my house. I missed this house so much.

I lead Liv up to my room and let her make herself at home. "I would imagine you're tired. You should get to sleep." "I'm actually kind of hungry." I nodded knowing if I tried to create a conversation, Liv wouldn't participate in it.

We walked downstairs and I showed her all the food. "You can have anything." She sat at the table, pouring her cereal while I made coffee knowing I won't be sleeping any time soon. "You want to go house hunting tomorrow? Just you and me?" Her nodded seeming a little excited about my suggestion.

I know she isn't okay right now but if I don't start treating her normal, she'll stay that way and I can't have my sister destroyed by our mother's death. "How about we go shopping or something afterwards unless we find a house we want." She agreed and put her bowl in the sink before going upstairs.

I followed behind her and walked over to my bed where she was lying. I was trying to figure out what to say. I had so many thoughts but no way to form sentences with them. "You'll be okay. I promise. Mom is looking down on you right now. She's proud of you. Just don't fall to deep, okay?"

She nodded and I pushed a hair out of her face. "I'll be downstairs if you need me. I have a lot to get done. Goodnight Liv, love you so much." I kissed her forehead and tucked her in before plugging in my lights around my mirror and closing the door for her to sleep.

I spent the next few hours sorting everything out before falling asleep at five in the morning. Where should I look for houses, when should I put Liv in school, when will I see Sam next, how am I going to balance Liv and Youtube?

I woke up three hours later and made more coffee on to drain it down. I went up to my bathroom to shower since I felt like I was covered in dirt and I slowly cleaned every inch of my body under the steaming water.

Once I was out and dried off, I washed my face and watched the water slowly go down the drain, feeling like the water represents my energy. I shook my head knowing I can't think like that for Liv's sake before going into my closet.

I put on a bra and underwear before a stripped crop top and soft, black, designed shorts. I let my hair air-dry and finished getting ready only to stop during my make-up to wake Liv and set her up for a shower. I finished my mascara and brushed my teeth before telling Liv to meet me downstairs for breakfast.

After about twenty minutes, I heard footsteps and saw my sister walk into the kitchen. "Do you want breakfast or do you want to grab something on the road?" "We can just get something later. I'm not very hungry right now. You look good by the way." I smiled and pulled her in for a hug before I left a note telling my friends where I went.

I grabbed Rebecca's car keys which reminded me to buy a car sometime soon, and got in the car. "Where do you think we should start?" Olivia took a moment to think, "Well you've been living her for almost three months, I think you should decide that." She had a point. "Well we could go towards the actual city of LA but not in it."

I started off towards apartment buildings around the selected area and found a couple which Liv and I both liked but I was either too much money or had a waiting list. About three buildings later, we decided to look at one more which was ten minutes away from my house now and fifteen minutes away from O2l's new house where Sam is staying.

We couldn't see inside of one but there were pictures and from the looks of it, Liv and I both really liked it. It was in an affordable price range and was close to the beach. Considering the fact that I needed to find a place fast and this place had good reviews, we decided to make one of these apartments our new home.

After an hour of paperwork, I got the key and was told I could move in today if I wanted to which was convenient.  As I walked back to the car with Liv next to me, my stomach started growling. "Are you hungry?" I knew Liv hasn't eaten all day and she needed to so we drove to McDonald's before driving back home.

"So when do you want to move in?" My sister seemed excited about moving but I knew she wasn't cured or happy. "Whenever you want to. We could move in today and I'd be okay with that." I decided to move in tomorrow considering the fact that Olivia needs a home and I shouldn't keep her away from one

I decided I would need help so I called Rebecca's mom first. We talked about Rebecca's health before I asked if there was any chance she could help us move tomorrow by driving her company's moving truck to and from our current house. Not only did she agree but she threw in a bed and dresser for Liv for it being "the least she can do".

Then I called Sam and he was more than happy to help me move. "Why don't you just come over now since I could use the help with packing?" I really hope Liv likes Sam.  

Thankfully I kept my boxes from moving here for some weird reason and started packing my filming equipment. Liv was in Andrea's room, helping her film a video when I heard the front door open. I ran downstairs and jumped into Sam's arms.

I missed him so much. I buried my head into his neck, missing his manly smell. "I missed you so much Lucy." I lifted my head up and gave him a peck on the lips before pulling him upstairs with me. I lead us to Andrea's room and opened the door seeing my sister and best friend are in the middle of filming a video.

"Liv, come here really quick." She got up and came over as I wrapped and arm around her. "Liv, this is Sam, my...boyfriend." I know I caught Andrea's eyes when I said that and shot her a 'I'll explain everything later' glance.

"Sam, this is my sister, Olivia." Sam hugged her and I let Liv get back to the video while Sam and I went into my room to start packing.

Three hours later, everything except my tooth brush, phone and purse was packed and it was almost seven at night. Sam, Jenn, Liv, Andrea, and I spent the rest of the night eating pizza and hanging out before we went to bed at one in the morning.

As I fell asleep I realized it really felt like a fresh start with life and I couldn't be more thankful. I fell asleep between Sam and Liv with a smile on my face and excitement pulsing through my veins for tomorrow.

(This is a fill in chapter kind of. I hope you liked it! ILY ALL SO MUCH. THANK YOU!)