chapter 50

I woke to a familiar sound, my alarm, but I also woke to a familiar feeling, being wrapped up in Sam's arms and I am perfectly okay with being used to that.

I slowly slipped out of Sam's hold and the second I stood up, a pang of pain shot through my head. I ignored it and stepped into the shower, feeling at peace as the hot water cascaded down my body.

I scrubbed my body before wrapping myself with a towel and going over to my closet. I picked out a pair of maroon, designed, soft shorts with a black crop top and slipped the outfit on.

Then I walked into my bathroom and place my contacts in before combing my hair as usual and applying just mascara for today.

As I walked over to Liv's room, I realized how drained I felt today. I woke my sister up, leaving her to get ready and walking downstairs. I feel really upset today and I need to fix that, but how?

I pushed my annoying thoughts to the back of my mind and turned the coffee pot on before deciding to cook eggs for Liv. I took three eggs out and broke them into the pan as the sizzled against the hot surface.

I gave them a few minutes to cook before scooping them onto a plate and setting them on the table before pouring myself a cup of coffee and sitting down, waiting for my sister to come downstairs.

After a few minutes, she came walking down the steps and sat down in front of me. "Good morning!" She seemed extra happy today while I felt..strange, something wasn't right and it was really bugging me. I mumbled a greeting back to her and stood up, walking into the kitchen and packed her lunch.

I would have never guessed three months ago that I'd be packing my sister's lunch before taking her to school, or being in charge of the house she lives in or being her provider. And it seems unreal now that I'm basically a mother.

And I never wanted to be one this soon but I didn't have a choice. Of course I love my sister to death and would do anything for her. But when I moved to LA, it was my chance to finally live and have fun. I had to grow up so fast when I was only thirteen or fourteen.

This was my chance to be young and Liv took that away so soon, but it wasn't her fault, or my mother's fault. It was fate. I honestly hate having to mother my sister, but I have to and I'll have to do that for the next nine years. The only reason I'm thinking this is because it's so early in this situation that I could still find a way out. But I refuse to let myself do this.

Liv's happiness is more important than mine right now. In all other cases, I would put myself first but this is the one situation that I know will hurt me, but I'm okay with that as long as Liv is happy.

"Lucy?" I snapped my head up to see my sister standing by the door with her backpack on. "We have to go." I grabbed my keys and walked out to the car with her, heading to school.

I think the thing I hate the most is with Liv, I have a schedule since she goes to school and has a bed time, and I don't like having things planned out. I like when I don't know what will happen and just going along with life to find out. But my life isn't like that anymore.

"Lucy!" I snapped out of my thoughts just before I almost ran into the back of the car in front of us. I needed to focus on driving right now.

After we arrived to school safely, I dropped her off at the usual spot and watched her walk in the building before driving back home with my mind wondering.

I walked in the apartment to see it empty, meaning Sam is still asleep. I walked upstairs and grabbed my laptop before walking back down to the couch. I had a lot of research to do concerning a job and college.