chapter 49

I drove home in a rush to wake Sam up so I can go pick up Andrea and Jenn. I pulled into my usual parking spot and pulled my keys out of the ignition and jumping out of the car in one quick motion.

I practically ran into the apartment and up to my room. Sam was still asleep, what a surprise. "Sam! Wake up!" I took one of my pillows out from under his head and hit  him with it.

He covered his face as he sat up. "What? Why are you so..jumpy?" I laughed his lack of vocabulary. "We have to go pick up Jenn and Andrea. Well actually you might not want to come." He seemed confused. "Lucy, what are you talking about? Why?"

I rolled my eyes in annoience at the fact that he can't read my mind. "Rebecca's home. I have to go pick up Andrea and Jenn." He nodded his head realizing why I was so excited. "You can drop me off at home. I have to work on setting up my room."

"Well..come on then." He chuckled at my eagerness before I grabbed his hand, pulling him towards the door.

Once I dropped Sam off, I basically sped to my old home to pick up my best friends. They were out front taking pictures as I drove up.

They both hopped in the car after arguing over front resulting to Jenn winning. Once we were all settled in the car, we started driving to the nearest Dunkin' Donuts. "Lucy! I haven't seen you in forever! How are you?"

I laughed at Andrea and how young she sounded. "I'm really good actually. Sam and I are great, Liv seems to be fitting in here and my actual dad called me yesterday", I finished the sentence, sounding like a question at how it doesn't feel like my dad called me last night.

I could literally feel the confusion of what I said before explaining the very popular topic. "So how have you two been in the house?" Andrea decided to answer for the both of them. "It's great. Lauren and Arden are moving in next week."

There was a moment of silence before Andrea shrieked, causing me to swerve. "Andrea!" She laughed before apologizing, "Sorry, but I forgot to tell you I saw the most perfect boy ever two days ago." She gulped before leaning forward, placing her head between Jenn and I.

"Lucy, I kid you not, he was perfect. I would marry him just for his looks. I saw him at the beach and literally walked up to him and asked for a picture with him just to stare at it." I burst into laughter at how crazy Andrea is.

"Ask Jenn. Wasn't he perfect?" Jenn turned her head to look at me, "Hell yeah. I would pay him to go on a coffee date with me."

I laughed at their seriousness before pulling up to the drive through and ordering my coffee.

When I'm with Jenn and Andrea, I feel like a teenager still, not someone who has to parent her sister. I feel so free and they take me away from the hardships in my life.

I paid for the coffee and drove to Rebecca's house while chit-chatting about life. As I pulled into Rebecca's driveway, I felt my anxiety level raise. I hadn't seen her in almost a month after I'd spent almost everyday with her since I moved to LA.

We all walked up to her door and she appeared, opening the door in perfect timing. "Rebecca!" I ran up and wrapped my arms around her neck, squeezing her. "I missed you so much Lucy!" I pulled away after a few seconds, letting Andrea and Jenn greet their best friend.

Rebecca invited us in and we stayed at her house for a few hours before I realized what time it was and had to go get Liv. "Holy shit, I have to pick up Liv!" They walked me to the door before I hugged each of them and walked to my car.

On my way to Liv's school, I felt like I forgot to do something which is believable since I dropped everything and ran to Rebecca's. As I pulled into a parking space to wait for Liv to come out, I realized what it was.