chapter 45

As usual I woke up at eight in the morning, but something was different. Sam wasn't next to me in bed like he was when I fell asleep. And I heard movement going on downstairs. I pulled my arm out from under Liv's head and left her to sleep as I went downstairs.

It honestly surprised me to see Jenn and Andrea cooking breakfast while Sam sat at the table with two coffees from Dunkin' Donuts. "What's going on?" They all looked up to me. "We decided we should do the things for you that you do for us. I know we can seem oblivious sometimes but we really appreciate you."

I could feel my heart warming at this simple act of kindness. I have the best boyfriend and best friends. This couldn't get better unless Rebecca was here. I sat down and drank my coffee before going to wake Liv up and eat breakfast.

Once I did the dishes which I insisted on doing, Rebecca's mom called to let me know that she'd be here in an hour with a truck. I felt terrible for moving out so early but Andrea assured me I'm doing the right thing.

I went upstairs and brushed my teeth before putting on deodorant and perfume. Then everyone started moving all of our boxes downstairs before all the furniture. On cue, I heard a honk outside and we started loading the truck until it was full.

I gave Rebecca's mom the address and told her I'd be there soon. I can't believe I'm moving into an apartment and will be raising my little sister for the next eight to nine years. I was on my own now. My mom wasn't there to help me. Whoever my dad was wasn't there either. I could do this.

I didn't want to make Andrea or Jenn move me into the new house so we settled on a sleepover soon. I knew if I didn't leave now, I wouldn't find it in myself to do so in five minutes. "I love you guys so much. Thank you both." I pulled them both in for a tight hug before letting not only them, but this part of my life go.

I grabbed Liv's hand with Sam behind us and went to Rebecca's car, driving to our new home with Sam holding my hand the whole car ride. Once we arrived, Rebecca's mom was there and we started the whole moving process that I have became familiar to.

 Once we were unloaded, I finally had time to look around the apartment.  This apartment was different. It was small but had two stories instead of one floor. As soon as you walk in the door, you're in the space where a little dinner table would go. To the left was the living room and to the right was the kitchen.

Once you get upstairs, there's two bedrooms. One was a master bedroom which I was getting and Liv was getting the medium sized bedroom. Each bathroom had it's own bathroom and at the end of the rather short halfway was the laundry room which already had a washer and dryer.

It was a cute little apartment and I loved it. Liv and I started carrying our boxes up while making conversation about the apartment while Sam moved the furniture into the correct bedrooms. Thankfully the apartment came with a couch meaning that was one less thing we needed to get.

Once we had everything in our rooms, Liv started putting her clothes away while I put together her bed. "So what color do you want your room?" She thought about it for a minute before saying, "I'm not really worried about that. I'd rather have you spend your money on clothes for me or something." If she insisted..

Once her room was set up, I left her to get settled in while Sam and I put together my room. We put the bed frame together before arranging where everything would go. Once I was unpacked and settled in, it was almost five in the afternoon.

Sam and I were sitting on the couch in the living room when Liv came down the stairs. "When can you sign me up for school Lucy?" I was surprised to hear she was ready for school and I honestly had no idea where the closest one was. "Are you ready for school?" Liv nodded her head and I promised to sign her up tomorrow.

I had so much to do right now that I didn't know where to start. I figured we could go shopping tonight for home ware and school supplies. "Do you want to go shopping for supplies and home stuff?" Liv nodded with excitement in her eyes as I suspected. She always loved doing that.

I went upstairs and grabbed my purse before the three of us getting in the car. I felt bad since I didn't show Sam a lot of attention today but I have been very busy. I'm putting everything else to the side except for shopping tonight. I'll buy a car and sign Liv up for school tomorrow.

Once we arrived to Target, we started shopping. Two hours later, we were loading the bags in the car which were filled with paper, pencils, a binder, plates, pans, laundry detergent, hampers, cups, silverware, bath towels, and a whole bunch of snacks and food.

Once we were home again and unpacked, I started making dinner knowing mom would have done that for Liv if she was still here. I decided to make chicken nuggets and macaroni. I was exhausted and didn't feel like going all out tonight.

Once the nuggets were in the oven, I made the macaroni. Once dinner was done, I did the dishes and decided to go to bed early. "Sam, you're staying tonight, right?" He smiled, "Of course." We all went upstairs before locking the apartment door and went our separate ways, Liv going into her room while Sam and I went into mine.

"I'm taking a shower then I'm going to bed." I went into the bathroom, stripping my clothes off of my body and stepping into the boiling water. I washed every inch of my body before stepping out. I combed through my hair before changing into a pair of track pants and a tank top that I brought into the bathroom with me.

I walked out of the bathroom and went across the hall to Liv's room. When I opened the door, I was surprised to see she was asleep considering she's a little night owl. I kissed her forehead, "Goodnight Oliva."

I walked back into my room and laid down for bed before giving Sam a kiss. "I'm taking you on a date tomorrow." What will I do with Liv? I fell asleep wondering how exactly this new situation will work out.

(I am so sorry this chapter was kind of boring but I was more of a fill-in chapter. I hope you liked it tho! ILY ALL!)