chapter 19

"Lucy! Get up!" I sit up in bed quickly feeling disoriented before realizing I am in Rebecca's room and it is ten o'clock in the morning. "What's going on?" Rebecca is dressed in her pajamas still but I think she's wearing make-up already. "Today is our meeting with the head of Awesomeness TV."

"Shit, I totally forgot. What time do we have to be there?" Rebecca tells me to go get ready, that we are leaving at eleven. I run into my room trying to decide what to wear. I wear a white cropped top with denim jeans outlined in silver and throw an ombre cardigan turning from dark green to lime green. I decide to wear white flip-flops that buckle at my ankle before checking myself in the mirror.

In the bathroom, I quickly clean my contacts, popping them back in and changing the stud in my nose to a diamond stud. I wash my face quickly followed by moisturizing it and putting on my regular make-up. I brush my teeth and run back to my room which is actually connected to the bathroom, grabbing my purse which holds my money, camera, and phone while I pull my heart shaped sunglasses out and put them on my face.

"You ready?" Rebecca knocks on my door and I open it, "Yep!" We walk to the car pulling away head to Starbucks before we go the direction of the building we are to be at in less than an hour. The drive is an half an hour and we finally pull into the garage, finding a parking space before jumping out and running to the elevators.

The door open at the lobby revealing an elegant look with marble desks, leather couches and fancy paintings. "How may I help you?" A beautiful, red headed lady who looks about thirty seven asks Rebecca and I, snapping us out of our daze. "We have a twelve o'clock appointment with the head of Awesomeness TV." She looks up from typing on her computer, "Oh. Yes, with Lewis. Follow me." She stands up walking down the hallway turning right then left.

She knock on the door in front of us that has a plaque reading LEWIS MILLER. As the lady talks to Lewis, I get a text. I quickly pull my phone out, not wanting to look rude.

From Sam:

Hey, what are you doing today?

To Sam:

I am about to go into a meeting but after that, nothing. why?

From Sam:

I was wondering if you wanted to come over or do something later today.

To Sam:

Sure, I'll text you after the meeting.

"Sam wants me to go over his house today Rebecca." She looks confused and opens her mouth to say something but is cut off by the lady," He is ready for you." Rebecca pushes me to go first, so I do. His office is almost the size of our apartment. It has plush carpet, leather chairs that match the ones in the lobby, three flat screen TVs, multiple MacBook's and a huge window exposing Malibu to us.

"Hi, I am Lucy," I say and gesture for Rebecca to introduce herself," And I am Rebecca." He shakes our hands introducing himself and starts talking about what he would like to do for us. He wants us to do challenges and go on adventures which will be funded by Awesomeness TV. We'll get paid twenty five dollars for every ten thousand views. We all agree and start signing an agreement contract kind of thing.

We finish and he asks us to do a challenge for this week, needing to post it by Thursday, giving us three days. We leave the office, going back to the car. " I'm hungry, let's go to Subway." I agree and we head to the nearest one. "So are you going to Sam's?" "I don't know. I don't want to leave you, I feel like I always do and I don't like it." Rebecca lectures me on how it doesn't bother her and I need to worry about Sam and I.