chapter 22

The stream of sunlight pulled me into counsiousness at ten in the morning. I have to meet Sam and Jc today! Only so much can go wrong..

I got ready by putting on high wasted denim shorts and a pink, snug tank top with a cream-colored, knit cardigan. Once I put on my make up and brushed my teeth, I grabbed my purse, telling Sam I was on my way to his house.

What could Sam really want to talk about? Did I do something wrong? Lucy, stop stressing yourself out.

This battle finally came to an end when I walk up to his door. I knocked which was quickly followed by him opening the door, looking nervous. We sat on his couch and I couldn"t wait any longer.

"So.. What"s up?" He ran his hands through his hair before quickly letting out," Lucy I really like you." I didn't know what to say. We knew each other for a month, how could he be so sure? I really like him but I don't know if I am ready for this. "Well.. I really like you to Sam. But I'm not sure if I am ready for this yet."

He looked really nervous still, which caused me to ask him what was wrong. "I got really drunk a couple days ago. I kind of made out with a random girl.. and i know I shouldn't have. I really like you and I feel like I did you wrong."

Should I be angry? I kind of am jealous. "I'm not mad. I am kind of disappointed... and jealous. But I'm glad you told me." Wait, why are we acting like a couple? What?

"You know,do whatever you want really. It's not like we're dating. Why are you even telling me?" With a puzzled look on his face, he was about to respond when i got a text.

From Jc:

Want to come over?

I tell him I am coming over now and look up at Sam who looks mad, angry, and upset.All sorts of emtions. "I have to go, sorry." And with that i was out the door. I don't even know why I blew up on him and I feel really bad.

It takes me ten minutes to walk to the O2l house. I walk in the front door to see Jc and Kian actually cleaning. "Oh hey", I awkwardly wave and Kian hugs me. "I'll just leave you two alone", and with that Kian runs up to his room.

"Let's go in my room", Jc suggests while dropping his rag and cleaner to lead me. He shuts the door behind me and I sit on his bed. "I need your help. I can't have anyone know though so please keep it on the downlow."

What the hell is he talking about? "Why are you choosing me? " He sits in his swivel chair and sighs. "Because i trust you. Look I like this girl Lia. I don't know how she feels about me. We've hung out a couple times but I don't know, she confuses me." Me? He wants me to hook him up with a girl i didn't even know existed? "Well how do you suppose I do this?" He scrunches his eyebrows together," I don't know, work your girl magic. Text her or tweet her and try to meet up so you can help me out."

I don't know why but I am kind of mad about this. I want to help Jc out though, why wouldn't I? "Okay, okay, but realize we might actually become friends. I'm not doing this just for you, we could become friends." He gave me her number and I texted her, explaining who I was and what I was doing texting her.

He hugged me super tight and i walked out of his room when I ran into Kian. "What went on in there?" Kian raised his eyebrow and I made a disgusted face. I may have blew up on Sam but I still like him! "Nothing of that sort. He needed me to help him with a suprise for you guys."

I left their house walking back home. Half way home, I realized how hungry I was. It's already two thirty in the afternoon. As i turned the corner coming in view of my building, my phone buzzed.

From Sam:

Why were you at the boys' house? I know we may have blown up on each other but that doesn't mean you should stop liking me for Jc.