chapter 16

I am awoken by my phone's repeated buzzing. I sit up in my new bed and answer my phone without looking to see who it is. "Hello?" I can hear the sleep threaded in my voice.

"Hey honey", my mom's voice floods through the speaker. What time is it that she forgot about the time zones. "What's up mom?" I check the clock taking notice that it's 4:00 in the morning meaning it's 7:00 a.m. in Baltimore. My mom talks about Olivia, her job, just catching me up with everything.

We say our goodbyes and hang up as I lay back in bed falling back asleep until eleven a.m, being woken by Rebecca running into my room filled with excitement. "What's going on Bex?" She pulls something up on her phone showing it to me as she explains," Since I am part of the Awesomeness T.V. account on Youtube, the person in charge has seen my video with you in it and wants you to make videos for them!"

Rebecca and I schedule an appointment to meet up with him and I can say I am very excited to bring more attention to my Youtube career.

I push the covers back, stepping out of bed going to put my contacts in and wash my face. I go out to the kitchen and make Rebecca and I a bowl of cereal and coffee. "So how do you feel about this guy you're going on a date with?" "He's attractive and seems very nice but," I am cut off by Rebecca, "Please tell me you aren't second guessing your plans with him because you don't know him." "No it's not that. I don't know how I feel about Sam. He texted me last night telling me goodnight but if he hasn't made an effort to spend time with me."

Rebecca listens to my feelings and it feels good to have someone who will give me advice. "Give Sam a chance, he is a very..different kind of person." I wonder what she means by that but I decide not to ask. "What are we doing today?" Rebecca rinses her bowl placing it in the dish washer," I was thinking we could go shopping around the streets of LA before your date." This actually sounds really fun and I am kind of excited. "Sounds good and it's not a date, yet."

I pull out my tie-dyed t-shirt and a pair of white shorts. I put mascara on and pull my hair up into a ponytail. I slide on my white Converse before running off to brush my teeth and spray perfume to ensure I smell good. I grab my bag containing the usual sunglasses, money, and phone. Right as I am about to leave I feel my phone buzz.

From Sam:

Hey, what are you doing later tonight?

What do I do? What if I tell him I have a date and he gets angry at me..

To Sam:

I'm going out to dinner with one of my friends. Why?

From Sam:

Oh, I was going to see if you wanted to hangout. I'm sleeping over the O2l house and wanted you to sleep over with me.

Oh my gosh, what do I do?

To Sam:

That sounds like a lot of fun! I want to come but I can't just blow off my dinner. Can I come after my dinner?

From Sam:

Of course, see you later (:

I slip my phone back into my bag and grab my penny board. My hair starts slipping out of my ponytail hold so I let my straight hair down and put my only black snapback on backwards to keep my hair controlled.

"Hey, I am sleeping over the O2l house tonight. You can see if you can come if you want to, I just don't want you to be home alone." She sets her penny board on the sidewalk starting to glide down the street. "It's fine, but why are you going to be over there?" I nearly fall but recover my balance before answering, "Sam asked me to come. I'm coming home after the dinner to get my stuff then go. By the way, Can I use your car to go to the dinner? I want to be able to get home quickly if he tries to pull a move on me. I don't want this to be a date, just dinner." Rebecca gives me permission for her car and teases me about Sam and using protection until we finally get to the stores.

Rebecca and I finish shopping around 3:30 in the afternoon deciding to go home so I have time to get ready. Once we get home. I set my bags holding my new clothes down in my room before going into the bathroom to shower.

After twenty minutes of the cool water dancing on my body, I step out; drying off my hair and body. I walk into my room changing into my outfit; black leggings, a tight, fitted, white crop top and red Converse. I top it off with a black choker going around my neck. I apply very little eyeliner and some mascara.

I then spray more perfume and roll on more deodorant. By now, it's 4:30 so I grab my bag and Rebecca's car keys. I hop into the car and enter the diner on Ray Boulevard into my phone getting directions.

Fifteen minutes later I pull up to the restaurant and hop out of the parked car as my eyes suddenly find Nelson's. We quickly are seated and I order water to begin with. We make small talk before Nelson interrupts me. "There she is!" Nelson is turned and a familiar looking girl is walking towards us. How do I know her? And who is she?

"this is Sarah. Sarah, that's Lucy", Nelson introduces us but all I am focused on is coming up with a plan to get away. As soon as I come up with it, I have no time at all to waste. "Hey, I'll be back. I have to grab something out of my car", I announce quickly as I grab my bag.

I quickly settle into my car as I drive off. Soon I am home and telling Rebecca what happened. I mean, who would bring someone to a dinner event? Date or no date, that's weird. I pack yoga shorts, a tank top, a tooth brush, my charger, my camera, money and underwear in my bag before hugging Rebecca goodbye and goodnight for tonight, telling her I love her.

(I usually don't stop at this point in the day but next chapter will be LONG AND IMPORTANT! Be excited!)