chapter 41

I woke up with my stomach in knots. I quietly got out of bed, careful not to wake Troye. I walked downstairs to see the three boys asleep on their mattresses. It was only eight o'clock in the morning meaning nobody would be up for at lest two hours.

I wonder when Louis would be coming over but Of course, my dumb self didn't get his number. Since we could be siblings, we have the same last name so I can probably look it up. I ran upstairs to get my phone and searched his name while waiting for the coffee to brew. 

After many websites, I actually found his information that seems correct which is kind of creepy. I put it in my phone before texting it.

To Louis:

This is Lucy. When will you be coming over?

The coffee machine beeped pulling me out of my phone. I ran over and poured myself coffee before sitting down at the table to look through my social media. Of course, I mostly see the same old Sam hate and surprisingly pictures of Rebecca and I on a stretcher. It is beyond me how people had time to get pictures of that.

From Louis:

Whenever. We could actually meet up for breakfast or lunch?

To Louis:

That sounds great.  Lunch at one? I can pick you up.

From Louis:

Great!

That gives me four hours so i don't have to rush to meet him. The sound of footsteps caused my head to snap up towards the steps, seeing Troye coming down the steps. "Good morning", he greeted me while going to get coffee.

"What are you doing today?" He looked over while sipping his coffee against the counter before sitting across from me at the table. "Ah, I don't know. Connor wants to hang out. We all should go to the beach." I nodded my head, "That sounds fun but I can't go until I'm done meeting my possible step-brother."

Troye's eyes popped out of his head, "Step-brother?" I nodded. "He found me at the hotel last night and convinced me so I'm meeting him today." Troye still looked surprised. "What if he's lying?" That reminded me to call my mom to see how she acts at the mention of Louis.

"Oh yeah, I have to call my mom. Hold on." I pulled my phone out and dialed my mom. She picked up on the third ring and greeted my with a cheery voice. "Hey honey!" I looked up at Troye before putting my phone on speaker and holding my finger up to my lips. "Hey mom."

There was a silence before she spoke, "Is something wrong?" I thought about lying but I want answers, not drama. "Uh yeah. Um, is there any chance I have a step-sibling? Maybe a step-brother?"

There was silence on the other end of the line for a couple minutes. "Why are you asking this Lucy?" She sounded suspicious. "I know about Louis mom. Why didn't you tell me?" She gasped, "Who told you?" I rolled my eyes even though she can't see me. "He found me I guess. We're talking today. Any other secrets you want to tell me before I talk to Louis?"

"Do not talk to him. He's going to lie and make your father sound bad!" How is she going to tell me not to find out the truth? I deserve to know! "I deserve answers mom." And with that I hung up.

I looked up at Troye. "She's hiding something. And I'm going to find out." Troye had sympathy glistening in his eyes. "I'm so sorry Lucy." I gave him a friendly smile, "It's not your fault. But thank you." By now it was ten o'clock and I still had to get ready in time to leave early to pick Louis up.

I went upstair and got in the shower before getting dressed in my leather leggings and a white and black striped crop top. I combed my hair out before letting it air-dry while putting on some concealer and mascara.

I put on my white Converse and was ready with a half hour to do nothing. Since my hair was now dry, I decided to straighten it. It was getting so long. Then I changed my nose ring to a gold ring. It was finally time to go and I grabbed my purse and phone before telling Troye I'd be back in two hours and getting in the car.  

Once I was in front of the hotel, I text Louis Telling him I was out front. Within minutes, he was in the passenger seat of Rebecca's car. We had conversations about where he lived as a child, little stuff like that.

"It feels so good to be with my one sibling!" I looked at Louis, "You have another little step-sister. She's back in Baltimore." His eyes filled with joy, "I need to meet her."

We walked in the vegan restaurant since Louis is in fact a vegan. We were seated quickly and ordered our drinks and meal, giving us more time to talk. Once our menus were taken and the waitress left, I turned to Louis.

"Soo?" He chuckled before speaking.

"Well I guess I start with my birth which was on August seventh. My father is your father and my mom's name was Angie I believe." His word choice confused me. "I never really knew my parents. My mom left my dad when I was eight months for someone else. She was in a bad place. When I was three, our dad took me to the doctors where they discovered I had Autism.

Our father sent me to my mom's sister and after that, I'd only seen him three times. My aunt kept me updated. She told me about when he married your mom, but that's all she told me. I lived my life wondering about my father until I heard he died. That's it."  I can't get over the fact that I am seated across my step-brother who I didn't know existed two days ago.

"Okay, well tell me about your life." So I did. I told him all about how much of a dick our father was and how I am a Youtuber. I told him about my mom and Olivia. I can't believe I have a step-brother!

"You know I talked to my mom before I picked you up. I told her that you found me and she flipped out." He looked worried, "What did she say?" I brushed his question off, "Why are you staying at a hotel?" He looked confused before answering, "I flew out here from my home in Utah." That was surprising.

Once we ate and continued talking, which I found out that Louis is twenty one and his autism got better as he grew up, we left. I drove him to the hotel and in no time, I was dropping him off. "Let's do something tomorrow. Just text me." He nodded and I drove home.

Once I was home, I was debating whether or not to call my mom. It's awful that Louis was given away because of the way he was born. And how could she just not tell me that I had another sibling? I decided to call her tonight or something since I didn't want to throw the day away by being on my phone.

I ran upstairs and changed into my bikini with sun emojis on it before putting on one of Sam's shirts that he left here before and my flip-flops. I grabbed my beach bag and phone before walking downstairs to where Troye was waiting for me.

From Sam:

What's up today?

To Sam:

Going to the beach, want to come?

I looked up to Troye,"Do you care if Sam comes to the beach?" He shook his head before I got an answer back.

From Sam:

Oops, I totally forgot about filming my video for O2l, tomorrow we can do something.

"Never mind, he has to film a video." Then we got in the car and headed to pick up Connor before meeting Marcus, Caspar, and Joe at the beach. The traffic wasn't bad and soon enough, we had picked up Connor and was on our way to the beach.

Once we arrived, we reserved a place with our towels and we all ran into the ocean. After about fifteen minutes, Troye and I got out. I decided to tan while Troye spent all his beach time on social media.

I was ten minutes into tanning before I got an incoming call from my mom. "Hello?" I heard a deep breath before a response. "Lucy. I have to tell you something." The suspense between my small, "Mmh?" and her answer surely could have killed me.

"The guy you thought was your father..wasn't y-your actual father. And something else." I wanted all the bad news before explanations. "I have three weeks to live."

(Oops, sorry there's so much bad luck in this story. I hope you liked this chapter. ILY ALL AND THANK YOU!)