chapter 40

Why would a stranger joke with me like that? And more importantly, who is he? "Haha, who are you though? And why are you here?" Out of everything some random stranger could trick me with, he goes with a step-brother?

He looked taken back, "W-what? No, Lucy. I really am your step-brother." Jesus, does this guy not understand that I can see straight through his lie? I still don't know who he really is though. "Look, you aren't fooling anybody. I don't have a brother, who are you?"

He again looked surprised..maybe. He was getting frustrated but shouldn't I be the frustrated one? "Lucy, i don't know how else to get this through your mind, I am your step-brother", he now talked to me as if I was in preschool.

"If you really are my 'brother', how old am I?" He looked had a concentrated look on his face. Obviously he didn't know the answer. "You don't know. I told you I don't have a brother. I don't know who you are or why you're here, but I need to get back to what I was doing." Even though I was just waiting for Rebecca, I had to get this crazy guy to leave.

He tried to stop me but I closed the door quickly. A brother? I wish, but that isn't the case. I went back to the living room to a wondering Jenn and Andrea. "Who was it?" I laughed at how silly that guy sounded. "Some guy trying to tell me her was my brother."

Before either of the girls could come up with something to say, there was a knock at the door again. I went to get it in case it's that guy again but it was Rebecca. "Rebecca! I missed you so fucking much!"

I hugged Rebecca and then I realized her mom was standing next to her. "Oh, uh, sorry." Her mom didn't look offended though. "It's fine. I don't care! Shit! Fuck! Dick, see?" That had Rebecca and I laughing for a good five minutes.

Then they came in causing Andrea and Jenn to run up and tackle Rebecca. "I thought Anthony, Jack and Andrew were staying here?" I nodded before whispering, "Oh they are. Andrew isn't taking it so great." Rebecca had a glint of guilt in her eyes before changing the subject.

"Well let me go pack then we can chat?" We all agreed before she went upstairs and we started a conversation with her mom. Her mom was very worried about Rebecca but kept talking about how lucky she is to have Rebecca alive.

Once Rebecca came back down, we all talked about everything with me leaving out the fact that I spent my morning picking Sam up from jail. Rebecca stayed until three since she had to check in the place at five.

After our farewells and promises to not fill her spot with someone else, she was gone and I decided to text Sam.

To Sam:

What are you doing? Want to meet up or something?

The guy's face from earlier today kept appearing in my head. The whole incident felt weird and my mind wouldn't leave it alone. Thankfully I drew my attention to my phone when Sam texted me back.

From Sam:

Sure, can you get me in an hour? Let's go to the beach.

I replied with a simple okay before running upstairs feeling a surge of excitement course through my body. I quickly changed into a dark blue bikini top that had a zipper in the middle on the front with a white bottom. I quickly put on a pair of black soft shorts and a gray crop top before grabbing my beach bag and running out the door.

 I drove to the O2l house and went inside to visit Connor, Ricky and Jc since Kian was out on a date thankfully. I talked with the boys a little before Sam confirmed that he was ready and we left. "What beach do you want to go to?" Sam go in the passenger seat, "I guess the closest one."

We drove ten minutes until pulling up to the beach and walking to find a spot to settle in the sand. I laid my towel out and sat on it. "Um, you're coming in the water." I rolled my eyes, "Fine." The rest of the day was spent at the beach and we didn't try to talk about our problems at all. You would think there would be awkward silences and tension but it was the most peaceful day yet.

The sun was just starting to get cooler when we decided to go get something to eat. We were walking up to our towels when Sam stopped me. "You know I have to be the luckiest person right now." He had pulled me close to his chest and snaked his arm around my waist. I smiled, "Why is that?"

He looked down at me before connecting our lips. It felt like the fourth of July in my stomach. His lips felt like fire as our lips moved in sync. I wrapped my arm around his neck while my other hand went up to tug on his hair.

His hands were traveling down past my waist to my ass but never made it there since I pulled away from my flinch when the water hit my legs. Sam laughed and I rolled my eyes. Once I had my top on and my shorts in my bag, we went to a pizzeria which was right on the beach.

Once Sam and I ate, we sat at the table talking about the weirdest things. I could feel his urge to talk about what happened at Vidcon but thankfully Troye called me before Sam mentioned anything. I held my finger up and answered the call.

"Hello?" I could hear Marcus and Caspar in the background. "Hello Lucy. Where are you?" "I'm eating, why?" Troye mumbled something to somebody before turning his attention back to me, "Can you come by Marcus' hotel?" I told him I would in an hour and hung up.

"I need to go pick up Troye." Sam shook his head and we got in the car heading towards his temporary home. Once we arrived, he leaned over the console giving me a kiss before getting out of the car. How does he act so normal around me?

Once Sam was inside and safe, I set off to Marcus' hotel. I know I'm going to end up talking and having fun for hours. Thankfully, the drive isn't far.

Once I arrived and headed up to the hotel room, I knocked on the door and Marcus answered it. "Hello!" I hugged everybody and ended up sitting around while everybody was drinking but me since I had to drive home.

Somewhere during this time i decided to go down to the Starbucks and get coffee since I have been awake for almost two days now. I dismissed myself before walking to the elevator and pressing the lobby button.

The doors opened and as I walked out, I spotted a familiar someone at the front desk; the guy who claimed to be my step-brother. Why the hell do I have the worst luck? I wasn't going to let him ruin my coffee run though. I turned my face down and tried to go unnoticed which I thought had worked for sure until I heard my name called. "Lucy!"

I looked up to see the guy running towards me. Could I really have a step-brother?  I kept walking while pushing my last thought to the back of my mind. I thought he left me alone until I felt a big hand grab my arm.

"Lucy. I am you're step-brother. You have one, and I can't explain this any easier." My mom would have told me right? If I had another sibling, she would tell me. If this Louis guy is telling the truth, why did my mom hide it from me?

"Why would she not tell me?" Louis looked surprised from my acceptance. I guess there is a possibility he could be my step-brother. "That's a long story. Do you have time to talk?" Of course I wanted to say yes and get my answers, but I was exhausted and still had to drive home.

"No..I don't. We can talk at my place tomorrow. It's nice meeting you I guess." I know this guy may be lying but I'm not calling my mother. If what he is saying is true, my relationship with my mother could change in a matter of seconds.

I quickly got my coffee before going back up to the hotel room. By now it was ten at night and I was ready to go home. "Troye, are you ready to go home?" He looked up with bags under his eyes and nodded.

We said goodbye and I drove home wondering how I am still alive. As soon as we got home, I said goodnight and went to bed, exhausted from today and anxious for tomorrow.

(I hope you liked this chapter, sorry it's kind of short. I LOVE you guys!)