chapter 31

I woke up from heat. I don't know if I was sweating to death from my AC unit being turned off or from Sam's body. I got up careful trying to not wake Sam up. Once I was up, I checked my phone. How is it only eight in the morning.

I walked over and turned the AC on for Sam before gathering me and Sam's dirty clothes. Then I went downstairs, setting the clothes by the washer. I plugged in the coffee maker and scooped the coffee grinds into the filter before turning it on for coffee to be prepared.

That's when I realized I didn't get any breakfast foods from the store yesterday. I ran upstairs, grabbing my purse, phone and shoes, before leaving the house. Thankfully, there is a dollar store at the end  of our neighborhood's main road. It took about ten minutes to walk there and I quickly found pancake mix, eggs, milk, cereal, bread, and frozen waffles.

I walked up to the check out and to my surprise, I saw my favorite person, Nelson. Not. But he was giving me a death stare as if I did something wrong. Instead of even having to interact with him, I moved to the other register. I quickly paid for my items and literally ran to my house so Nelson couldn't follow me.

I reached home and slammed the door, panting from running so much. "What the hell Lucy?" I didn't even notice Connor downstairs in the living room. "Nothing, I just saw a skunk and ran." Connor looked questionable at me as if he was deciding to buy my lie or not. He shrugged his shoulders and sipped his coffee.

"I see you found the coffee." I put all of the food away and pour myself coffee. "Yeah, it's great by the way." Way to kiss my ass Connor. "Do you want pancakes? Because I might make some." Connor fiercely nodded and I laughed while pulling out a bowl, the mix and the ingredients for the mixture.

I mixed everything together and pulled a pan out and set it on top of the burner I turned on. I started making pancakes and Connor came over to watch. "Can you get me a plate to put them all on?" He quietly got one out and set it next to me.

About thirty pancakes later, I washed the dishes and Connor and I started eating the food. Halfway through my third pancake, Jenn, Andrea, Jc, Rebecca, and Sam came walking down the steps. "What time did you get up?" Sam looked tired still but let's be honest, when doesn't he look tired. "Around eight."

"What the hell? I swear, you're a fifty year old women trapped inside an eight teen year old's body." I rolled my eyes and Sam came up to me giving me a kiss before mimicking everybody else's actions and dug into the pancakes.

"I'll do the dishes", Rebecca announced. "I'll help", Jenn also announced. "Well, I'm going to do laundry so if you want me to wash anything, bring it down to me."  Everybody ran upstairs to grab their dirty clothes except for Sam. "Hey Luc? Do you want to do something tonight?" I told him I would and he came to help me with laundry.

Sometime while we were doing laundry, Connor and Jc left. "What time do you want to do something?" Sam checked his phone for the time which was one fifty-three. "Around seven i guess." I nodded and we decided to go to my room and watch a movie since we both were still pretty tired from moving.

We put on some random movie but we didn't watch it. We talked and laughed. I couldn't ask for anything better for Sam and I. We are getting along so well now. I love it and I get so happy knowing he wants to spend time with me.

Around five, I decided to get ready. Sam already told me to wear whatever I want so I decided to go with a pair of black shorts, a white tank top and a cream colored, knitted cardigan. I put on my black sandals with my outfit and went into my bathroom to do my hair and make-up.

I put on mascara and eyeliner feeling frisky today. Since I hadn't done anything with my hair recently, I straightened it and went back into my room to put on perfume. I said goodbye to all the girls and Rebecca let me use her car. I drove to Sam's house so he could change and get ready.

After half an hour, he was ready. We decided to go to the boardwalk. On the way there, Sam suddenly asked," Why is the sky blue and grass green?" "Well, aside from the scientific reason, the sky and grass could be any color. We just believe anything that we don't have a reason for."

Sam seemed to have been pleased by my answer because he shut up the rest of the car ride. When we got there we walked around, hand in hand, looking at everything. "Want to play truth or dare?" "Oh my gosh, yes."

"Okay, Lucy,truth or dare?" I rolled my eyes,"Dare." He looked around before turning back to me. "Go up to that guy over there", he pointed to a boy about the same age as Sam and I,"and ask to get a picture with him." I walked over to the boy who was quite good looking. "Hey, can we get a picture together?"

He looked around like he thought I was talking to someone behind him. "Me?" I nodded my head and held up my phone before taking it and running back to Sam who thought it was the funniest thing ever. Now it was my turn. "Truth or dare?" "Dare."

I looked around trying to decide what to dare him to do. "Go up to that girl", I pointed to a tall blonde wearing too much make-up and a dress exposing her ass," and tell her that you don't approve of her dress and that she has to leave immediately."   He did exactly what I said and she laughed but looked kind of embarrassed. What I thought was funny is the boy she was holding hands with laughed at her instead of backing her up.

Sam dared me to go up to a guy eating french fries and eat one. Thankfully nobody tried to beat me up. "Okay, I dare you to go up to that old lady and start dancing with her." Sam did and suddenly a bunch of people on the boardwalk started dancing too.

I saw a little girls with what looked to be cancer since her head was shaved and her parents had cancer ribbon shirts on. I walked up to her and bent down," Do you want to dance?" She shook her head and her parents gave me a smile. We danced and she looked so happy just dancing. She was giggling and I kept spinning her.

After about five minutes, she seemed worn out and I gave her a hug wishing her luck. Sam walked over to me and kissed me on the cheek," That was adorable." Then Sam dared me to spit on my hand and walk up and shake somebody's hand, which I did. Then, I got the best idea.

"Truth or dare?" He said dare and I made him get a Henna tattoo of a penis on his bicep. I couldn't stop laughing and Sam just kept rolling his eyes. After about five more dares, we both got hungry and decided to eat at some random restaurant where I got chicken nuggets and Sam got pasta.

By now, it was starting to get dark and we decided to go home. Sam requested to be dropped off at his house since he has something to do for O2l in the morning. When I pulled up to his house, he leaned over and kissed me before telling me he would see me tomorrow.

I drove home while singing my heart out and was thankful that Jenn's car was parked out front indicating that at least one person was home. When I walked into the house, I could hear a couple voices coming from the living room. "Lucy!" All three ran up and jumped on me. "I missed you guys."

We decided to make cookies and film videos for everyone's channel. Once we were done, we just laid around on the floor and watched TV and talked. "So Lucy. I think we all have been wondering this. What do you and Sam call each other?"

I understood they were trying to ask if Sam and I dated and I am surprised myself that we don't date yet. "Oh we don't date. I don't know but I like it this way then how I feel like it will be if we officially date." We all ended up having a sleepover in the biggest room, which happens to be Rebecca's room, consisting of popcorn, movies, and laughing. I fell asleep around five in the morning and I felt like a ten year old again.

When I woke up, it was surprisingly ten in the morning and everyone else started waking up around the same time as me. I went into my room while plugging my phone in. I got in the shower and when I got out, I braided my hair. I changed into black leggings and a white crop top with a breast pocket and small holes in the shirt.

Then, I went downstairs and started making coffee. While I was waiting for it to brew, I heard a car outside that caught my attention and I went to the window to see who it was. It was parked in front of our house and the person who got out of it frightened and surprised me more than when Sam had a breakdown and nobody explained it to me.

(This chapter isn't as long as the usual. oops. But I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!)