chapter 47

It's crazy how we would have never expected last year's first day of school to be the last one with mom. Things change so fast, but I know this is a special moment in heaven for mom as well as I on Earth.

It's going to take some time for me to get used to waking up at seven in the morning every week day. I pulled myself out of bed and walked downstairs to brew a pot of coffee before heading back upstairs to my bathroom.

I stripped down before stepping in the boiling water. I cleaned all parts of my body before stepping out and drying off. I wrapped my body with a towel while I combed my hair out and left it to air-dry as I padded into my room to slip on a bra and underwear before a striped crop top with soft, black shorts.

I went back into the bathroom and applied concealer and mascara before checking the time to see it was seven thirty; time for Liv to wake up.

I slipped on a pair of socks before walking across the hall to her room and gently waking her up before leaving her to shower as I went downstairs to make her breakfast.

I was feeling healthy this morning, causing me to pull out the blender and throw some strawberries, raspberries, and cherries with apple juice before blending it up. I poured it into a cup for her while I poured myself coffee and moved on to making oatmeal.

I made enough for the two of us and drained my first cup of coffee while moving on to the next one. After a few minutes, I heard footsteps on the stairs and saw Liv walk up to the table.

She looked so old with her wavy, brown hair; just like mine. She was wearing a pair of soft, white shorts and a black tank top which made her look like a mini-me. I felt my heart heat up and I set down our breakfast.

"Good morning." I took a bite of my food and looked up at her. "Are you excited for school?" She shrugged. "A little. I'm nervous." I laughed, "You'll do fine. Mom will be watching over you the whole day." There was a pause of silence before she spoke.

"You know if she was here, she'd be proud of you." I nodded my head. "We'll get through this together," I placed my hand on top of hers and smiled.

"What are you going to do during the day? See Sam?" I laughed at her attempt to tease me. "Maybe. I've been thinking about getting a job along with Youtube." She raised her eyebrow at my statement and I stood up, clearing away the table and walking over to the coffee pot to get my phone.

"Okay, picture time." I positioned my sister in front of the door with her backpack on. I took a few picture before calling her over. "Selfie time." We took a few before I noticed it was already eight thirty. "We need to get going!"

I ran upstairs and slid on my white Converse before grabbing my purse and heading out the door with Liv trailing behind me. I started the car and drove ten minutes before arriving to the school. "I want to walk you in." She laughed nervously, "Good. I want you to." I parked in a parking spot before pulling the key out of the ignition.

We walked into the building and I grabbed a visitors pass as I walked beside my sister. Since this was a elementry school which lead into a middle school, I received a few awed looks but today was Liv's day. I wasn't going to direct my attention away from her.

We arrived to room 103 and stopped outside of the door. "Are you okay for me to leave? I don't want to walk you in like pre-school unless you want me to." She shook her head, "I'm fine. Thanks." I kissed her forehead. "Have a good day. I'll be parked to pick you up where I parked this morning."

She nodded her head and began to walk away before I remembered I didn't make her a lunch. "Wait! Liv, I forgot to make you a lunch." I pulled a five dollar bill out of my purse. "I won't forget tomorrow. Love you."