07

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆
let her sleep for when she wakes, she will move mountains

"SCOTT, we parked on the fifth level," Skye told her brother as they stepped out of the elevator on the third level

"SCOTT, we parked on the fifth level," Skye told her brother as they stepped out of the elevator on the third level. Her arms were hurting from the grocery bags she was carrying. While Scott carried four, she only carried two.

"Damn it," Scott groaned as they turned around and went back into the elevator.

"Damn it' is right, idjit." She rolled her eyes at her brother as they then walked into the fourth level. "Scott!" She whined like a five year old.

"What? You said Fourth, right?" He asked, a confused puppy look on his face.

"No!" She shouted, her voice booming throughout the car lot. "I said Fifth! Five. You know, the number after four. Or in our case, above."

"Let's make sure though," Scott told her, lowering the grocery bags on the floor, took out the car keys, and pressed the alarm button; it went off above them.

"Told you, you freakin' moron!" She rolled her eyes at her brother as he went to pick up his grocery bags, but the milk bottle rolled out. "Looks like we won't be able to make that homemade ice cream tonight," as those words left her lips, the bottle came rolling back towards them, claw marks on it.

Skye looked back at Scott as a growl was heard. She threw the grocery bags at the alpha that hid behind the car and ran for it, right behind Scott.

He started jumping on cars, the alarms going off which made Skye confused until she realized that he was trying to overpower their heartbeats. She threw out her hand, feeling the familiar tingly buzzy feeling in her hands, and tried use her power to push a car into the middle of the parking lot. But, instead, the car went flying across the parking lot, landing on other cars, glass shattering everywhere.

"Skye!" Scott's voice hissed before she was pulled behind a car. They both look at each other, wide eyed, scared. Everything was silent other than the alarms until Scott's phone rung.

Both of their arms were grabbed and they were slammed down onto the hood of the car they were hiding behind.

"You're dead."

She relaxed slightly as she realized that it was Derek. But, then she grew angry. "What —what the hell was that?"

Derek shrugged and started walking away. "Said I was gonna teach you. I didn't say when."

"You scared the shit out of us." Skye's hands ran through her knotty brown hair.

Derek looked them over and shook his head. "Not yet."