27

𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐍
believe me... she's the muscle

DAISY rushed up to Coulson and Mack

DAISY rushed up to Coulson and Mack. Before they could say anything, she blurted out, "Lincoln's in trouble!" Her heart was pounding against her rib cage as she realized that Lincoln was in danger. "The ATCU issued a nationwide BOLO... FBI, homeland security, local police... all notified. Sent 'em Lincoln's résumé and head shot," she informed them, the palms of her hands getting sweaty from nerves.

"Sounds like the ATCU's getting desperate," Coulson commented and she nodded in agreement.

"What are they gonna do when they find him?" she asked him, worried. "I'm guessing it won't be awesome." She handed Coulson the tablet. "He needs help."

"Look, we went to Lincoln more than once," Mack told her, his brooding face on. "He didn't want our help."

"It doesn't mean he deserves to be hunted like a fugitive, not to mention there's a giant with a grudge looking to kill him!" Daisy exclaimed, throwing up her hands.

"Which is why we need to bring him in... now."

She nodded at Coulson, happy that he is on her side. "That would be the plan if we knew where to find him, but he's not messaging me back, and I..." She trailed off, seeing Coulson and Mack having a conversation with their eyes. "What?"

Mack looked to Coulson. "You want to tell her?"

"Great," she commented sarcastically, "Tell me what?" Both of them said nothing. "What do neither of you want to tell me?"

"We know how to find him."

DAISY sighed in relief once Lincoln answered the phone. "Lincoln, it's me."

"Daisy? How the hell did you get this number?"

She glared behind her at Mack and Coulson, "That's not important. What's important right now is that you get somewhere safe."

"I just bought this phone."

She sighed, "Yes, I know. 35 minutes ago at a liquor store at 71st and Binford."

"You know where I am?"

"Yes, and I convinced them to let me talk to you before—"

"I can't believe you would do this!" He shouted at her in disappointment and rage.

"Just—"Daisy closed her eyes, and took in a breath, "Lincoln, just hear me out, okay? The ATCU has released your picture to law enforcement. It's everywhere, calling for your arrest. We're gonna come get you." There was a pause before a click sounded. "Lincoln?"