41

𝐇𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐘
I was as pure as a river but now I think I'm possessed

𝐇𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐘 I was as pure as a river but now I think I'm possessed

HIVE and Daisy stood side by side on a hill, staring down at Beacon Hills.

"You came here often. I see why," he commented, glancing at her.

She tilted her head to the side slightly. "I was a different person the last time I was here," she told him, glancing around the woods that surrounded them. "That's how you know about this place, right? 'Cause Ward searched me?"

"You used to walk up here to convince yourself to not runaway from the only home you ever knew," He stated, it wasn't a question or an accusation, he stated the truth. She used to come up here in the middle of the night, a bag made ready to run away, but then she would see the whole town, and change her mind.

Daisy turned to him. "You don't just have his face. You have his memories."

"He was interested in you... Grant Ward."

"Well, I certainly wasn't interested in him, and I'm glad he's dead," she retorted, no guilty thoughts swarming her mind as she relished in the thought of Ward's death.

"He is, too." Daisy tilted her head at his words, "In a way. Grant was a thirsty soul. And he suffered for it."

"You're so different from him..." She whispered, looking Hive up and down. "Just being around you, I can feel it. It's like this emptiness I've always had is gone. The void I felt is all gone and I can't help but be grateful." She walked to her backpack and zipped it up.

"You think they'll come after you?"

"I don't know." She shrugged. "Coulson, he's... A driven man."

Hive smirked. "Especially when it comes to you."

She gave him an annoyed look as she thought of Coulson who treated her like a child. "He thinks I need protecting."

"It's a shame he doesn't know how strong you are, Skye." She cringed at her old name. "But your home is with me now."

"It's actually Daisy." At his face, she continued, "My name is Daisy."

"Grant knew you as—"

Daisy nodded. "Yeah, I changed it. Or I guess you could say I... found it." She looked down, thinking about her parents. The same parents that either died or forgot her. "It was the name they always intended for me."