53

𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐒
I've spent this year as a ghost

DAISY stood to the sidelines as Mack, May, Gabe, and she watched, on a camera, what looked like a shock wave hit the others, and they just disappeared

"This is a tragedy." The new director was the first to say anything. "We have to prepare for the likelihood—"

Daisy cut him off, "Whatever you're gonna say, don't. I see the way you're all looking at that screen. We don't know what happened."

Mack cleared his throat. "Daisy."

The new director shook his head. "It's okay. This is a process."

She shook her head at him. "No, it's S.H.I.E.L.D. Impossible things happen all the time. That — That machine ghosted that Lucy woman."

"So what..." Mack stood up and turned to her, ""Coulson and Fitz come back in five years, bloody and insane?"

"I don't know!" Daisy shouted, her brain buzzing with ideas. "That's my point. They could be stuck in one of those boxes or—"

"Or maybe they're gone."

She looked to May, frowning. "M — May." She took in a breath before walking towards her. She has to listen. "I know it's crazy, but Coulson came back from the dead, Fitz pulled Jemma through space through a rock, and Robbie's head lights on fire."

"Simmons," Daisy heard Mack mutter under his breath.

The new director turned to Daisy, "We need to approach this with level heads."

She shook her head again. "No, we need to call Jemma. She can solve this, if anyone can."

"And she deserves to know." Mack decided to put his two cents in which made Daisy give him a smile in thanks.

"Okay." The new director nodded.

"But why did Eli turn on us?" Mack asked the right question. "What does he want?"

May crossed her arms. "What he wanted all along... a power. I bet he hired the Chinatown Crew to steal the box in the first place."

Mack walked over to them, determined. "We need to take him off the street now."

"No." They all turned to the new director. "Daisy's right. Simmons needs to study this tech first, see what makes Eli tick."

"He'll kill again, sir."

"Eli killed four agents with his mind. Go after him now, and you'll make it five."

"Those agents died for no reason," Mack continued to try to get his point across.

The new director stood tall. "And, hopefully, Simmons will give us a way to avenge them. And if we're really, really lucky, maybe she'll find hope for saving our friends. I'll call her now."