48

𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐁𝐈𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒
I don't even know what's wrong with me anymore

𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐁𝐈𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒I don't even know what's wrong with me anymore

"OH, my God." Daisy chuckled. "I never even thought of that. You must find so much weird stuff in people's cars," she said to one of the mechanic's that work with Robbie — Canelo. "Now I'm racking my brain, wondering what I've left in mine."

"Ah." Canelo chuckled. "Oh, hey, Robbie." She turned around to see Robbie's back to her. "So, this girl is telling me—"

"Robbie Reyes," Daisy interrupted Canelo, a humorless chuckle leaving her lips. "Wow. You look so different from the last time I laid eyes on you. Long time no see."

Robbie turned to her. "Yeah, it's been a minute." He kept his intense brown eyes on her's.

"I was just telling Canelo here." She laid her hand on Canelo's shoulder. "How tight we used to be back at Garfield High. The stories I could tell..."

"What are you doing here?" He asked her rudely which made her bite back the smirk that so badly wanted to appear on her face.

"I'm having trouble with my van. Yesterday, out of nowhere, it just burst into flames." She made it sound more dramatic than she should've, but she was having fun with this. "And I hear you're sort of an expert at that kind of thing, so I figured it was time for us to reconnect." She lifted her drinking cup up and took a sip, raising her eyebrows at him.

Minutes later, Robbie started to look at her van. "I don't know." He shrugged, walking to the side of my van. "Looks fine to me."

"The engine caught fire," Daisy told him, tilting her head. "How is that not a dangerous problem?"

He turned around and looked her in the eyes, again. "Maybe you should leave it alone. So you don't get hurt." He leaned towards her. "Or smoked," he whispered. He then jumped into her van to look at it from the inside.

"You claim your victims earn that," Daisy whispered to him. "Hard to verify all of them."

"Somehow, you tracked me down. Just to talk."

She shrugged. "I figured you're either on the right side of things or..."

"Or what?" He looked to her, "Or else? You're out of your mind coming here. You may know who I am, but you don't know me or what I'm capable of."

She smirked and spoke aloud, "It's funny you should mention that. I was just thinking of how many memories I have of you, Reyes. Not this "too cool for school" version you've got going on now, but... the real you."

"He wasn't always the, uh, strong silent type?" Canelo questioned, looking at Robbie with amused eyes.

"Well, I've known him since Crandall Elementary," Daisy stated. "He was always quiet, like he was hiding something." She chuckled. "The two of us used to hit up the Moonraker Arcade down in Little Tokyo. Isn't that right, Robbie?" Robbie stopped what he was doing and turned to glare at her. "Yes, it is, so I've seen a side of him that most people haven't. We used to hang there every day till your uncle would pick you up. How's he doing these days?"