14

𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒
currently questioning everything

"WHOA," Skye gasped as she slid on the gloves Simmons and Fitz had made her after they found out what had happened

"WHOA," Skye gasped as she slid on the gloves Simmons and Fitz had made her after they found out what had happened. Apparently the reason all the bruises were showing up on her arms were because instead of trying to release her powers, she was forcing it inside herself which busted her blood vessels.

She grabbed the phone that Coulson had given her just for me to contact the team, so she called Simmons. "Hello. This is Jemma Simmons. Please leave a message."

Skye sighed but decided to leave a voice mail, "Hey, Jemma. It's me. Um, can you call me back? I... I put the gloves on, but, uh, are they supposed to make you feel woozy?" She questioned, staring down at the gloves. "Um, maybe that's just a side effect. Also, are they supposed to be this tight? I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering. Anyway, call me back when you can. Okay, bye."

The lightening outside crackled and the lights in her hospital room started flickering on and off. Her eyes widened as she sat up quickly, wincing as she did so. Stupid fucking bullet wound!

"Uh, Fitz, why did you make me watch "Paranormal Activity"?" She questioned as the lights in the room went completely off.

A knock on the door made her release a small scream but she quickly overcame the scare and ripped the IV's out of my arm. She forced herself into a standing position and grabbed her food tray, holding it up defensively.

The door freaked open and in came a man, a man with no eyes. "Hello, Skye." Her eyes widened and she held up the tray even more. "I'm Gordon. May I come in?" He chuckled as he stepped in anyway. "So, What is the plan with that?" He gestured to the tray she was holding.

"You..." Skye trailed off, taking a shocked step back. "You can see?"

"Hmm." The door closed. "Not the way you do, but I can see that you are afraid." She gulped. "You don't need to be. Not with me."

"Who are you?" She asked him, taking another step back as he took one towards her.

He grinned in amusement. "I'm like you." He paused. "And I've come here as a friend. Can't imagine how it must have felt to go through your transformation without any understanding of what to expect. I had years to prepare. And still," he chuckled, "I was horrified by what I became. Granted, I was younger." He walked towards the couch that was beside her hospital bed. "May I sit?" She nodded. He sighed and took a seat, shaking his head. "This couch is very uncomfortable." He then looked up at her, it was as if he was staring straight into her soul. "I wish you wouldn't stare."

"Uh..." She stumbled over her words.

"Th-that was a joke," he told her which made Skye release a breath she didn't know she was holding. "I'm not very good at them. I don't mind that you're curious, honestly. And, yes, I used to have eyes. They were blue. This..." He gestured to where his eyes should be. "This was the obvious change for me, but what happens inside can be just as profound." He entwined his hands together as Skye took a seat on her hospital bed. "You see, the mist changes everyone differently. The real difference between the two of us is what happened after we went through the mist."

She furrowed her brows. "What do you mean?"

"I knew from an early age how special I was..." He trailed off, a small smile adorning his face. "Had a mentor, a guide of sorts. And the first thing she did after I transformed was embrace me." He sighed and leaned forward. "Tell me, Skye, what was the first thing that S.H.I.E.L.D. did to you?"

"Well, first of all, I wasn't with S.H.I.E.L.D when I was.... changed or whatever you would like to call it." She pulled a face at the word 'changed'. "I was actually with my brother and best friend, and for your information, they took it mighty damn fine." She glared at Gordon. "Second of all, S.H.I.E.L.D welcome me and they didn't even know who I was."

"Okay..." Gordon nodded. "What does it feel like, your gift?"

"I don't know. Um..." She bit my lip, trying to come up with a word. "It's intense." She sighed. "Like a thousand bees are trapped inside of me." She heaved a deep breath. "And I feel it all the time. It's always there. And I can't stop it."

"Why would you want to stop it?"

She gave Gordon a look of disbelief. "Because I destroy everything around me."

"That is simply not true." Gordon stood up and shook his head. "Every object in this universe gives off a vibration. Did you know that?" He didn't give her any time to answer, "Nothing rests... animals, trees, people, even this ratty couch. And you... you have the ability to tap into those vibrations. Don't you see? You could become magnificent. But something's inhibiting you, constraining your energy." He glanced down at the gloves she was wearing.

Skye shook her head due to realizing what he was going on about. "Uh, no. No, no. My, um... my friend's a scientist. She made these to protect me." She held up her arms, showing off the gloves.

"Or do they protect people from you?"

"No, it's not like that." She shook her head, knowing Simmon's wouldn't do that. She might've not known the scientist for long, but she still knew why she made these gloves for her. "My powers, I... I can't control them. And when I try to, it hurts me."

Gordon smacked his lips, walking around the room. "Most gifts come with a price, but you could learn to manage it." He turned his head towards $34 and frowned. "I apologize. I'm saying too much." He 'glanced' around the room. "This is probably not the best place to continue our conversation. You don't have the tools or the understanding that you need just yet."

"To do what?" Slye questioned, completely and utterly confused.

"To be who you were always meant to be without fear, without pain." She took in a shaky breath at his words. "We can offer that to you."

"We?" She asked, "How?"

"I'll take you to a place where you can be with people like us," Gordon told her which made Skye start to question everything.

"Us? How many are there?"

"You can learn about yourself, your gift. You can be safe. But only if you want to come," Gordon informed her.

She took in a shaky breath, thinking over everything.

Sure, she loved Scott and Melissa, but there has always been a piece of her missing. She always blamed it on all those years of being in a foster home and not knowing her parents, maybe it was this; maybe she needed to become what she is now, to meet people like her. Scott, even if he is a werewolf, he doesn't understand what she's going through. Being a werewolf and having powers are two very different concepts.

And Stiles, she might like him but he was better off without her. She has literally hurt him twice so far with her so called gift.

Skye looked up at Gordon, unshed tears in her eyes, and nodded.

"Take me with you."