30

𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇
She held her pose like an ancient masterpiece Grandiose, fascinating, beautiful, and slowly falling apart

𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇She held her pose like an ancient masterpiece Grandiose, fascinating, beautiful, and slowly falling apart

"HEY." Daisy looked up from the paper she was reading to see Coulson walking towards her, "How you holding up?"

"I'm pissed," she admitted, huffing in annoyance. "Not only did I get manhandled by Lash, and it messed up our chance to see the ATCU facility, I also went back to my home town for a fight to only get someone hurt in the process." She sighed, raising her eyebrows, "But, good news... I have a theory."

"I like theories."

"Lash was tracking us. He knew where our truck was. He needed inside info for that," Daisy informed Coulson, leaning on the table.

"You think he's got access to ATCU information?"

She shook her head, hesitating before speaking, "No, I—" She stood up, "I think he's in the ATCU. We know that he can transform himself into a regular-sized guy and back. What if he's hiding out as one of them?"

"That's a scary thought." He looked at her in concern, "I've got Rosalind giving me a tour of her operation today. Let me see what I find there."

"Good," she told him as he started to walk away, "I'll see what I can get on Lash's identity."

He turned to her, "And whatever you dig into, try to keep it off Rosalind's radar. I need her to trust me today."

He went to walk away, but Daisy stopped him by asking, "You're not having a hard time working her, are you?" He turned to her, confused. "Not getting too attached?"

He scoffed. "You do this long enough, you learn to cut yourself off from all that. Makes it easier to do the job."

He was halfway up the stairs when she stopped him again, "Sir?" He turned and gave her a look of slight frustration, "Is May really back for good?"

"I'm not sure," he admitted, "Right now, she's out for blood."

DAISY sped up a little as she saw Dr. Garner walking the halls, hospital outfit on, pushing along his stand full of liquids that he needs. "Dr. Garner, good to see you up." She walked side to side with him, "Do you have time for a consult?"

He turned to her, smiling. "Oh, god, yes, please." He sighed, his eyes slightly wide, "Came off more desperate than I intended." They both chuckled. "Being laid up is very boring. What's up?"

"It's Lash," she rushed out, swallowing thickly.

"Lash?"