16

𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆
you can forgive yourself now

JIAYING was the first to speak up, "I want to know where you're from

JIAYING was the first to speak up, "I want to know where you're from. Did you make friends there?"

"At S.H.I.E.L.D.?" Skye questioned which made Jiaying nod her head. "I have only been on The Bus once, and that was when they kidnapped me." The younger of the two chuckled. "But yeah, I talk to them every once in a while, visited me when I ended up in the Hospital twice. So, yeah, I guess you could say that they're like my second family?"

"And your first?" She asked Skye.

"Well, my mom," Skye paused, swallowing thickly. "She is mostly at the Hospital due to us needing more money."

"She works at the Hospital?"

"Yeah." She nodded. "She is mostly first and third shift, depends on what day it is." Ge looked out at the beautiful mountains. "My brother Scott works at the vet clinic; he wants to save up money for a dirt bike." She chuckled breathlessy.

"What about you?" Skye turned to her. "Do you have a job?"

"No." Skye shook her head. "I tried to work at the clinic but it really wasn't my fortay. There was also this one time I worked at a hotdog stand. Let's just say it was the most embarrassing thing I have ever done."

"And... Stiles," she forced out his name. "He was my best friend but something changed. I started having feelings towards him. But then I—"

"You changed?"

Skye nodded, taking in a breath. "I don't know what happened. I know I hurt Stiles again." She turned to Jiaying. "I lost control."

"Do you understand your gift?"

"I... Make things shake?"

Jiaying laughed lightly. "Well, not really. Everything's shaking already, vibrating at its own natural frequency. This stone." They looked at the stone in her hand. "The wood in the trees..." She smiled at Skye. "I believe you can learn to sense those frequencies around you and resonate with them so that not everything is shaking, only what you choose.

"Sense a frequency." Skye made a face, raising a brow. "How do I do that?"

Jiaying let out a breathless chuckle. "I don't know. I'm not the one with the gift. I just work here." She held out her hand, the stone in it.

"You think I can hear the stone?" Jiaying just gave Skye look who sighed and took it. She inhaled deeply, closed her eyes, and clenched her hand around the stone.