34

𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐔𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒
Middle fingers up, put them hands high

𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐔𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒Middle fingers up, put them hands high

"HEY, Fitz." Daisy turned around from where she was looking into the containment module to see Fitz approaching Bobbi and her. "Are you coming with us?" She asked him, generally curious.

"My work's done," he told her, holding a brief case, "I'm just gonna put this in the Director's Cabin." They watched as he walked pass them.

"So, what do you know about this conference?" Bobbi asked Daisy as they went through boxes, packing.

She sighed. "I know it's small, secret, just a few countries." Her lips curled, "They're calling it "a symposium on the alien contagion. No wonder everyone is afraid of us when they use words like that." She threw her hand up, angry. "And you know, we're only part alien, and it's not a disease... it's an awakening."

"Interesting word choice."

"I mean, for me," Daisy told her, "Terrigenesis made me who I was supposed to be. I was given a gift, and I use it to stop bad people from doing bad things."

"Unfortunately, some of those bad people were also inhumans."

Daisy turned to her, but her back was to her. "Yeah, well, you know who else does bad things are humans, but you don't see any symposiums on the human contagion."

"Humans, we know." Bobbi gave her an amused look. "Inhumans are brand-new territory. People fear what they don't understand." Daisy closed her eyes and calmed herself, knowing what she was saying, was the truth. "Any word from Lincoln? How's his field op with May going?"

"Just a trial run," Daisy told her, lowering a metal piece. "But having been there myself, I'd say he's miserable."

"HE killed my friends, Izzy and Idaho!" Hunter shouted at General Talbot. "I watched them die!"

"He was brainwashed by Hydra," Talbot told him calmly, "He didn't know what he was doing. It took us months to undo their dirty work. He's a good kid."

"He's a murderer," Bobbi pointed out.

May spoke up, "And he had a criminal record long before Hydra got their hands on him."

"He's from the streets. He made some mistakes," Talbot defended him. "He's reformed."

"I believe everyone deserves a second chance." Daisy gave Coulson a look. "But taking him with us on a covert mission doesn't seem like the place to test it."

"It's a crazy world out there, full of powered people." Daisy felt as if that was directed towards her. "I finally have one of my own. I don't leave home without him."