31

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑
I'm hoping you weren't heaven sent 'cause only hell knows where you've been

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 I'm hoping you weren't heaven sent 'cause only hell knows where you've been

"WE'RE not monsters!" Daisy shouted at Coulson as they walked the halls. "You can't just lock us up in some ice prison because you don't know what else to do!"

"No one's talking prison," he simply stated, "And, technically, it's a gel matrix."

"They're putting people in stasis!" She told him, completely angry at the fact that he was allowing ATCU to do this to those like her. If he's willing to do that to others, is he willing to do it to her?

"Think of it as a medically induced coma, a way to hit the pause button until we find a better solution," he told her, shaking his head.

"A better solution"," she repeated with a scoff. "What does that mean?"

"The ATCU's looking for a cure. I'm not suggesting that's for everyone, because it's not, but some people might want to—"

Daisy interrupted him, "We are not a disease!"

"I didn't say that you were."

"You can't just expect people to go through that kind of change and immediately have a handle on it. Do you even know how scared I was at first?" She asked him, crossing her arms as she felt the anger rise.

"No." He shook his head. "But you've got to admit, things are getting out of hand."

She nodded. "I know."

"People are changing in uncontrolled environments—"

She sighed. "I know, but everyone deserves a chance to be who they are."

"That's where you're wrong." Daisy turned to Dr. Garner who had been with them the whole time. She lowered her arms down to her side and clenched her hands into fists. "You're being seduced by your own experience. Just because you learned how to control your powers doesn't mean everyone else will. I mean, what if a person's hurting themselves or those around them? What — what if they can't stop?"

"Take Lash," Coulson suggested, "If putting a bullet in that monster's head doesn't do the trick, then what?"

"That's not fair." Daisy threw up her hands, "That's one guy. Most Inhumans fall somewhere between me and him."

"And that's the message I'm hoping the president and his advisors will hear when I meet with them today," Coulson told Daisy as she paused on the staircase they were currently walking up.