58

𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐈𝐍𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍
She is a flower but she isn't soft; when her petals fall, they hit like bullets

"ARE you sure this is the Inhuman you saw in the husk?" Daisy asked Jemma as she looked at the picture she pulled up on the computer

"Absolutely positive," Jemma stated, nodding her head. "I knew Senator Nadeer was connected to him somehow, and in my research on her, I recognized him... Vijay Nadeer... her own brother, if you can believe it."

Daisy narrowed her eyes as she examined the picture. "Yeah, but there's zero evidence that he's been missing. He's been posting on Facebook, Twitter. His bills are paid. He even recently signed up for a Master Class in directing," she told her, confused.

"But there have been no new photos of Vijay in the last seven months," Jemma told her.

Daisy clicked her tongue. "So either he's suddenly gotten camera-shy or..."

"Or someone's hiding him," Jemma interrupted me.

Daisy shook her head, pursing her lips. "Not someone... the Senator, considering she's the country's leading anti-Inhuman hatemonger." She turned around, crossed her arms, and leaned up against the desk.

"I'd have a much better idea where she was hiding him if the Director hadn't insisted I wear a hood before going on assignment. Just awful." she frowned, looking down at the ground.

Daisy looked to her right at her. "It's hard to breathe in those things, huh?" She teased, grinning and she grinned right back at her.

"It is nice having someone here to talk to again." Jemma looked up at her, "You, specifically."

"Someone other than Fitz?" Daisy asked, raising her eyebrows.

She rolled her eyes. "Oh, well, of course, Fitz, but he has been rather distracted lately."

"Distracted how?"

She rolled her eyes again. "Aida. You know how boys can be with their robots." She humorlessly chuckled.

Daisy chuckled for a second before stopping, frowning, "Actually, I really don't."

Her smile quickly vanished as she looked over her shoulder at something. "Speaking of the Director, here comes his little Smithers now."

Daisy turned around to look at him as she pursed her lips. Jemma crossed her arms. "What do you want, Burrows?"

He looked to Jemma for a second before turning to Daisy. The Director would like a word with Quake."

Daisy stood up and rolled her eyes. "My name's Daisy."

He looked her in the eyes, rolling his. "Well, not according to the press release. Now, if you'd follow me, ma'am..." Se looked to Jemma and sighed.